1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198031305857 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by 'Nixon' Mroq, Jun 12, 2022.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 'Nixon' Mroq

'Nixon' Mroq New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17020740
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198031305857

Victim profile: 76561197994307209

What happened? Description:
    User has contacted me with a question if I could be a replacement for a one person in a ladder game (DotA presumably, but could be any CS:GO or TF2) - I said that I was no longer playing any ladder games, so I thanked for remembering me and declined the offer.
    After that he asked me to vote on his team in ChallengerMode tournament and gave me a fake link, that I was not aware of.

By my mistake and stupidity I entered my credentials on that website thinking that it is a real site. In a moment I was logged out from Steam on my computer and a few very expensive trade requests were sent to his bot account:

| steamname: poisteeridco1972
    | steam3ID: [U:1:1307115041]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:653557520
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199267380769
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561199267380769

I had MFA activated thus was lucky that all the trades were in hold for 24 hours. Incident was reported to Steam support.

Annotation: This person was in my friends list for like >8 years, back from playing on the same TF2 server. I did not had any communication with this person for more than 7 years now after server was shut down. I do not have or had any closer relation with this person than just a known face on a server and "Steam friend". Ideal occasion to use a leftovers of trust for a scam that looked very legit.

Chat translation from Polish to English:

[6:38 PM]
    Smq:
    yo man

[6:45 PM]
    Smq:
    we need +1 for ladder games,can you play?

[6:46 PM]
    Mroq.tf:
    naah, ostatni raz gralem laddery kilka grubych lat temu, ale dzieki za pamiec :) => naah, the last time I played ladders was a few long years ago, but thanks for the memory anyway

[6:49 PM]
    Smq:
    hah oke
    czy możesz po prostu zagłosowac na mój zespoł? => can you just vote for my team?

Mroq.tf:
    link?

[6:50 PM]
    Smq:
    Marketplace | Challengermode
    Take your game to the next level with professional esports coaching or offer your own coaching services through the marketplace.
    https://challengermode.gallery/

wejdz do Metanoia Cup i po kliknieciu zagłosuj na Snake Team prosze => enter the Metanoia Cup and after clicking vote for Snake Team please

[6:51 PM]
    Mroq.tf:
    oks, zaraz to rozgryze => ok, I will figure it out

[6:52 PM]
    Smq:
    bracie, czy możesz to zrobic teraz prosze, zaczynamy wkrotce => Bro, can you do it now please, we'll start shortly
    thx

[6:53 PM]
    Mroq.tf:
    potrzebuje mniej wiecej 2-3 min, padla mi bateria w telefonie z authem => I need more less additional 2-3 minutes, battery in my authenticator phone is

Smq:
    ok brat => ok, bro

Provide Evidence:

[6:38 PM]
    Smq:
    yo man

[6:45 PM]
    Smq:
    we need +1 for ladder games,can you play?

[6:46 PM]
    Mroq.tf:
    naah, ostatni raz gralem laddery kilka grubych lat temu, ale dzieki za pamiec :)

Smq:
    hah oke
    czy możesz po prostu zagłosowac na mój zespoł?

Mroq.tf:
    link?

[6:50 PM]
    Smq:
    Marketplace | Challengermode
    Take your game to the next level with professional esports coaching or offer your own coaching services through the marketplace.
    https://challengermode.gallery/

wejdz do Metanoia Cup i po kliknieciu zagłosuj na Snake Team prosze

[6:51 PM]
    Mroq.tf:
    oks, zaraz to rozgryze

[6:52 PM]
    Smq:
    bracie, czy możesz to zrobic teraz prosze, zaczynamy wkrotce
    thx

Mroq.tf:
    potrzebuje mniej wiecej 2-3 min, padla mi bateria w telefonie z authem

Smq:
    ok brat

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 12, 2022
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!
    This was clearly noted to you BEFORE You sent to submit the report - please do not ignore our policies/notifications that are there to read before submission.

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.