1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198045117581 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by FLUFFER, Jul 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FLUFFER

FLUFFER New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:79562278
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198045117581 ()

Victim profile: 76561198119390285

What happened? Description:
    I can't believe I am reporting Jake :3 as he would've been at the bottom of my list for people who I think would ever scam as I knew him through skial servers, and also the fact that he has a $4000 tf2 backpack. He was announcing on the skial trade ny server that he was cashing out. So, I messaged him (I was friends with him through steam) and he said I could get an australium black box, a strange festive specialized killstreak rocket launcher, and a strange festive buff-banner for $75 worth of iTunes giftcards/ codes. I agreed to this, and purchased the cards. It look about 2 hours for target, where I bought the cards from though the internet, to send me the codes and verify my purchase. By then he was already offline. This morning I came on and I told him I have the codes ready to purchase his items. We agreed to trade one $25 card for his black box first. I gave him the code, he gave me the black box. Everything went smoothly. Next, I have him the 2 other $25 codes for his strange festive specialized killstreak rocket launcher and a strange festive buff-banner. He said one of the codes was invalid (I guess to give him some time to redeem the codes) and then he went offline. He unfriended me, did not give me my items, and made him profile private. He redeemed the codes also.

He was banned for a while on outpost for having a private profile, he later made it public and started to sell unusuals on outpost again.

I would have never don't this transaction with anyone else, I trusted Jake :3 and would never suspect him to scam me like this.

-Vincenzo
    a.k.a. Fluffer​

Provide Evidence:
    http://gyazo.com/b535f9f0c8bce16305a6c5fb7c3636b0 screenshot of my trade history where he traded me the australium black box but not the strange specialized killstreak festive rocket launcher or strange festive buff banner as promised.​

Attached Files:

2. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    SteamRep has no way of verifying codes from gift cards. This being said I have to archive this report
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.