1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198045758530 (kahoks_owns)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Gumby106, Feb 19, 2012.

1. Gumby106

Gumby106 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:26429079
    steamID: kahoks_owns
    steamID32: STEAM_0:0:42746401
    steamID64: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198045758530
    customURL:
    steamrepURL: http://steamrep.com/index.php?id=76561198045758530

Scammed an unusual from me.

I was recently scammed by a trader in team fortress 2. We did a trade which was my Unusual Bombing Run with Flaming Lanturn effect for his Crocleather Slouch with Blizzardy Storm effect. He said he wanted to trade back for one second to show someone else in the server and would trade me back right after. I fullishly believe him and traded him back the hat expecting it to be traded back to me in a minute after he showed his friend. I then traded him after expecting to get my crocleather back. He said ok but then put up another unusual instead and said he wanted to overpay me and give me it instead. When he started doing this I started recording what was happening for evidence if it were to come down to this. I told him no i did not want the different unusual. I told him I wanted the crocleather which I had given him back temporarily so he could show his friend it. He said ok one moment then canceled the trade, left the server and removed me from friends. A few moments later he went offline. I posted two facebook comments on his wall telling him that I didnt want to have to involve steam support or get him in trouble and if he would just complete the trade I would not contact steam about him scamming me. I came on the computer later and had his profile in my web browser and saw that he had deleted the two comments and was back on and was in a game. I joined the server he was in an attempt to confront him. As soon as I joined he left the server. I used the button again to join the other server he had switched to. I sent a trade request but he was in trade with someone else at the time. After he completed the trade with someone else I sent him a trade request which he denied. I posted in chat giving him another chance to trade back before reporting. He then said I was trying to blackmailing him. I was trying to give him a chance to come clean. The other people who were in the server were friends of his and tried to say I was trolling and blackmailing him. Saying that I was angry I had lost a weapon in trade. I have no idea what he told them or if they just had no idea and just thought it was trading of weapons. I made sure I recorded my whole confrontation in this server.

The "trades.png" image shows the time when the two trades took place.
    The "comments.png" image is of the two comments I left on his profile before they were deleted.
    "1.mp4" is the video of the actual "temporary tradeback he asked me to do so he could prove something to his friend"
    Before i had to pause recording to close my web broser because I was running low on ram at 3 seconds into the recording you can see where he asks me if he can overpay and instead trade a different unusual hat back to me instead of doing the trade back like we agreed upon. A couple seconds later fixed the web browser eating all my RAM and continued recording. I tell him I already have 4 beta copies of SMC in my backpack to trade and that the prices he is quoting for those and valve coupons are rediculous. I tell him to trade back the blizzardy storm slouch which was what we traded. He says "ok hang on". It was at that point where he disconnected from the server and removed me from friends list as I described above.
    "2.mp4" is the video of me confronting him in the server. And him and his friend making fun of me and saying valve support will not do anything over the matter. It is there where he says I am blackmailing him by trying to give him a chance to right his wrong without me reporting him.
    If you need any more evidence or need me to upload the videos some different way just let me know.
    Thank you for your assistance.
    trades.png
    http://i.imgur.com/5ivls.png
    comments.png
    http://i.imgur.com/rmbrO.png
    1.mp4
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1875623/kahoks_own-scamreport/1.mp4
    2.mp4
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1875623/kahoks_own-scamreport/2.mp4
    I have already reported to steam support last night. For the most part just copy and pasted the message I sent to them. But thought I should report here as well. Thanks

I was not sure how to get a number for the top and searched around but couldnt figure out how to do that. Please add it if you can.
  2. Gumby106

Gumby106 New User

Steam:
    Update:
    I was just in an unusual trade server for about an hour and then I saw kahoks_owns join the server. I did not say anything nor try to trade him. He then sent me a trade request. The trade was him saying he had some unusuals I might be interested in. I told him I did not want to trade him and gave him a link to the report thread on steamrep so he knew where I had posted the info on him. Told him if he wanted to know anything more to contact me but i would be recording all future conversations as well. In the end of the video you can see him posting "we will talk in the future over harrasment issues have a nice day" barely a second before he closed the trade.

Here is the link to this video I will also be sending this message to steam support and this steamrep thread.
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1875623/kahoks_own-scamreport/3.mp4

After he closed trade a couple minutes later he told the admin and people of the server to look at an "idiot who submitted a report of him" and posted a link to this thread and encouraged people to say how stupid it was.
    gzinthehood was the admin who he told to.

http://steamcommunity.com/id/gzinthehood/
    gz has been on my friends list for a while and I quite frequently use him as middleman for spycrabs or trades. So PMed him about it but he seemed to be busy which is understandable to me and if I can see if he doesnt want to get involved in this I don't want to drag him into this matter but thought i should mention this happening.
  3. [SC]Y2K95

[SC]Y2K95 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26458885
    Just to help you out. There is a sticky you gotta copy to submit a report.
  4. Gumby106

Gumby106 New User

Steam:
    Do you mean the formatting of my submission? Also I just now realized what the number that I should have put in the title was the steamid64 number. I was for some reason thinking it was id of the actual scam report that had to be generated somewhere woops.
  5. kahoks_owns

kahoks_owns New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42746401
    In my defense, I gave his unusual bombing run back for mine back. Its called a one for one and yes I got mine back and YES he got his back no scam has happened. Check his bp and my trade history it clearly states that at the given time he got his unusual for mine. Thats no harm no foul he just took it to the extent of saying I'm a scammer and I don't do that I'm not that kind of person. I gave his back at the exact time he gave mine back it was a one for one unusual trade.
    Thanks for reading
    -regards Kahoks
  6. Gumby106

Gumby106 New User

Steam:
    The bombing run was the original trade. We did that and from what you had told me we were both satisfied with it. You even said over mic on the server how you owed me more and were going to give me more later for it even though I did not want more. The scam occurred when what I can only assume is that you changed your mind. Instead of asking me to trade back the items you asked to temporarily borrow it. You then fled the server removed me from friends when I asked for it back after the temporary loan. Yes, I do now still have my bombing run from before we did the first trade. No, I did not lose money from the scam but that doesn't make it any less of a scam.
  7. Gumby106

Gumby106 New User

Steam:
    Update:
    kahoks_owns added me as a friend on steam today. He messaged me telling me as a peace offering he wanted to offer an eerie orbiting fire crocleather slouch to give me back instead of my blizzardy crocleather slouch. I told him I could not take that and had already submitted the report to steam support and here. He said he was sorry for what he did but feels that scamming is not the right word for it because he didnt leave me with nothing. He stated that it appeared my report was saying that he took both of the unusuals and ran. I did not see how he could see that was what I am stating but if anyone is reading this or interpreted the original report as that it is not what I was saying and thought made that clear. He admitted very clearly that he did run and that he changed his mind after the trade so tricked me to get it back. He mentions about him saying what he did to GZ and others in the server and has admitted what he said there was immature. If he were to return the item at this point I would fully support letting him downgrade his tag to caution after a few months. I have not received any message from steam support yet but will post what response I get from them in this thread when I do receive one. Here is the recording of our chat through steam we had. It is split in two parts as I didnt want the software to hang run out of memory or space when recording the raw video.

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1875623/kahoks_own-scamreport/4.mp4
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/1875623/kahoks_own-scamreport/5.mp4
  8. Evanescence

Evanescence New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:19459148
    This guy is hilarious.

Sure he deserve to get flagged.
    Giving back your hat or not. They tend to give items back to try avoiding getting flagged.

Giving you back the items he stole could be a nice gesture but i tend to not trust them because they just try to avoid getting trade banned and flagged, to scam most of the time again others.

If he read that i hope he'll give you back yours items anyway.
  9. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Because no one lost anything in this trade but the guy was clearly dishonest in his trades, I'm marking this as a Caution for now. Please feel free to send me an IM with updates or post another report here if there are further developments. Thank you for your report! :)