1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198056461664 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Dr. Chronic, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Dr. Chronic

Dr. Chronic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52332473
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198056461664

Victim profile: 76561198064930674

What happened? Description:
    He added me saying he was interested in my unusual, he then asked me to trade my unusual Grenadiers Softcap to a friend to prove it wasn't duped. Which I did, not knowing this was a common scam method. Before I could even tell my friend to trade me it back he was trading with another person who copied my steam account, or at least the profile name and avatar. His steam ID is 76561198116428292. Sadly by the time I got to his Backpack profile he had already sold the hat.​

Provide Evidence:
    In non chronological order, sorry, but I included screenshots of; The chat with the scammer, the scammers alt/helper account profile with proof he had my username recently, the alt accounts profit after selling my hat (sadly I didn't find his profile fast enough and he had already sold it) and both my trade history and my friends to prove where the hat went.​

Attached Files:

2. Buttercup Butters

Buttercup Butters New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17499129
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Hello Dr. Chronic,

Your report was accepted for this user, but they were already banned. We've added the offense to our notes as further consideration during an appeal. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accused's profile
    2. Click More drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose Report Violation
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click Submit Report
    Click here to view the animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Thank you for submitting a report to us.