1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198075030228 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Previously Banned Reports' started by lukeo77, Jul 22, 2014.

1. lukeo77

lukeo77 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42985916
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198075030228 ()

Victim profile: 76561198046237561

What happened? Description:
    He added me on steam and offered to buy my unusual Steaming Broadband Bonnet for 1 Bud and 9 Keys. He then pretended to talk to someone about buying keys (this is probably when he starts to impersonate me). He then says he needs to check if my hat is duped. He says to trade it to my friend so that the API refreshes. I trade it to my trusted friend that I know in real life. He asks me to tell him the name of my friend. We have now worked that an alternate account impersonated me and invited my friend to a chat room so it looked like i was inviting him to the chat room. With my friend in the chat room he was able to trade my friend without having to add him. When the scammer asked me to wait and trade back when he said he was already trading my friend with the alt account. The account that was used to impersonate me is http://steamcommunity.com/id/lukeo71 and his steam rep is http://steamrep.com/search?q=lukeo71. My accusation is that he/they impersonated me without permission and used it to defraud.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Invisible Shadow

Invisible Shadow New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:25484011
    I had a feeling that he's a scammer, also wanted to make a report but I'll join ya here.

The same user added me today and he wanted to buy my unusual Bubbling Tungsten Toque. He claimed that he has no keys at that moment and that he will buy them once he's sure my unusual is not duped.
    He also asked if I could trade my unusual to a friend so the API can update which I did not do. I immediately checked his bp.tf profile and huzzah - he's marked as scammer. I said that I will not do the trade because it would damage my reputation.

Screenshots below.
    Untitled.png Untitled2.png Untitled3.png
  3. lukeo77

lukeo77 New User

Steam:
    Thanks for your input Shadow, you were obviously a bit more vigilant than me. The events you described are exactly the same as what happened to me.
  4. lukeo77

lukeo77 New User

Steam:
    A year and a bit on and still nothing?
  5. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Some reports never get looked at - we just can't get to them all cause there are a few thousand with only a few of us working them.
    At this point it looks like you've provided enough information but do take note that the user was tagged/banned by SR/Partner Comm just a few days prior to you making this report so it wasn't high on priority.
    So when you say still nothing - I'm not sure what else you want us to do?