1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198081232115 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Sud, Mar 15, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sud

Sud New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:6925509
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulant behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198081232115

Victim profile: 76561198126926693

What happened? Description:
    I came across this when bored and following random steam profile links out of a TF2 forum. Not sure if this constitutes scamming, as the item was (apparently mistakenly) delivered via gift wrap, however, the accused's gloating about it is disgusting, and openly admitting to keeping property that was given to you in error (with the owner clearly stating they wished for it back) I feel might warrant a caution tag. Victim's steam account doesn't appear to be a particularly fishy scammer alt either, with a few games with what constitutes "casual gamer" hours (aka probably is a 12 year old as the accused points out).

See attached screenshot of accused's steam profile (under steam highlight "for your entertainment") and evidence below.​

Provide Evidence:
    The story in the screenshot seems to check out, as the accused is in possession of the unusual, and it links back to the victim's backpack. By the accused's own account the victim wished to trade unusuals, and instead accidentally gifted it, indicating that the trade did not go as intended for both sides. The accused then documents the exchange, gloating about getting a free unusual. I have also included a copy of a local save of his steam profile in case he tries to change/remove this evidence.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Not enough evidence of any scam here and not the victim that submitted report - declined
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.