1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198081527208 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Judicious, Jan 18, 2015.

1. Judicious

Judicious New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13774920
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198081527208

Victim profile: 76561197987815569

What happened? Description:
    The accused added me and proposed to buy two of my Dota 2 items and pay by means of 'Automatic Steam Wallet funds transfer,' which does not exist.
    This is unmistakable evidence that he intended to defraud me.

--

If you are a mod reviewing or triaging this report, please consider the following:

Why promising to transfer Steam Wallet balance is bannable/taggable:

From SteamRep Moderator 'lava':

"[...] the usual Steam Wallet scam where we apply tags just for attempting. In Steam Wallet fraud, the scammer attempts to misrepresent the trade, leading victims to believe they will "automatically" receive Steam Wallet funds. This is not possible by any means in the Steam trading infrastructure, so the intention is clearly and undeniably fraud whether successful or not. The promise of funds is effectively in itself a trade agreement, which because transfer of funds is impossible despite the scammer's convincing message, we can undeniably determine the accused had no intention of fulfilling their own end of the agreement."
    -- (2014-11-11)

Source: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/...67-steam-steam-games.81592/page-2#post-228079

Provide Evidence:
    Chat transcript:

Screenshots as attachments.​

Attached Files: