1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Pending Report: 76561198095837180 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by TheBowWowers, Jan 14, 2015.

1. TheBowWowers

TheBowWowers New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:21139149
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198095837180

Victim profile: 76561198002544026

What happened? Description:
    This guy added me for a trade. I had been putting up my P90 for sale for awhile now. I assumed he was a prospective customer. Of course, ive been in steam for awhile, i know a scam when i see one and this is it. Along with the pictures shown, you can see that he is either A) Trolling or B) Attempting Scam (B is very likely here).​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 197500
    Take 1 ACTION!
    The starting convo was extremely odd so i already had a bad feeling. The rest later followed on and i was pretty sure he was a non legit trader. Still was interested to see what he attempts to do so i just kept going (by the time he said 500dollars i knew this was a sham).
    View attachment 197501
    Take 2 ACTION!
    So after while trying to convince him the difference between when and how, i decided to indulge him. So i said yes, i would like to trade. He then immediately sends me the trade offer (Which is shown below).
    View attachment 197502
    Take 3 ACTION!
    Well that part was not actually relevant. Ive already made my point in Take 1 that shows he may very well be a scammer.
    View attachment 197503
    And le trade. As you can see, he is willing to buy my P90 for 5000 dollars with respect from steam! Lovely! If i got any issues, just contact steam support! <3

Let me make this also clear. I am NOT reporting a scam. I am reporting AN ATTEMPT TO SCAM / A PLAUSIBLE SCAMMER. I did not do the trade, i did not lose anything and more importantly i not stupid (Feb 9 2002). I think it is legitimate to report a scammer even though he has failed to scam is it not?​

Attached Files:

2. TheBowWowers

TheBowWowers New User

Steam:
  3. [NLR] Princess LunaPie

[NLR] Princess LunaPie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42534105
    Oh god I'm dying of laugther, is it possible too post this to 9gag op?
  4. TheBowWowers

TheBowWowers New User

Steam:
    @Luna - you have only ONE message and is a new member. I feel honored that you would create an account specifically to say that :p

But anyway, im not sure how steamrep would feel about posting this on 9gag. To top that off, i dont think 9gag members would be interested in this stuff (They're too weird for this type of normal scam poop)