1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198101657879 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Aeonic, Mar 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aeonic

Aeonic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:86360953
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198101657879

Victim profile: 76561198132987635

What happened? Description:
    So I was added by . ben because he wanted to make an offer on a Sunbeams Law I was selling. He wanted to offer mixed, and I was open to the idea, so we discussed over Discord, came to an agreement, and I went first because he had more trust. He then proceeded to block me on both Discord and steam without doing the second part of the trade.
    I trusted him because he had more rep on backpack, and went first because I have none. He seemed reputable and kind, but guess that just goes to show that anybody can scam.
    His backpack: https://backpack.tf/profiles/76561198101657879
    His profile: https://steamcommunity.com/id/gaydickdaddy/

Provide Evidence:
    The discord chat immediately deletes messages once one blocks the other, which is probably why he wanted to discuss in that application. I managed to get the screenshots though. Included below, I have attached screenshots of our short steam conversation and our longer discord conversation, as well as a screenshot of the messages after the block.​

This is the steam chat log, also included in image form. The discord messages are included in image form because I couldn't copy them all before he blocked me.

[4:54 PM]
    Aeonic:
    hello!
    Have we met before? you seem familiar

[4:57 PM]
    . ben:
    Hey! I don't believe we've met before, unless you're a regular on egc? I just added you to offer on the law.

[4:57 PM]
    Aeonic:
    well that's a no, so perhaps I'm mistaken, sorry. I'm all ears! ^^

[4:59 PM]
    . ben:
    Yo, I'm getting on OW rn and there's no steam overlay, can we chat on discord instead of here?

[4:59 PM]
    Aeonic:
    sure, give me a sec to grab my tag
    here you go: Aeonic#1800

[5:01 PM]
    . ben:
    added

[6:20 PM]
    Aeonic:
    You sent . ben a new trade offerView trade offer

Attached Files:

2. Aeonic

Aeonic New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:86360953
    Update: He has removed the hat from his backpack. I am attaching two more files: a screenshot of his backpack after the fact, and a video-to-gif file of my original checking of his profile. Sorry I did not include earlier, was converting and compressing to make sure I could upload it.

Attached Files:

3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Aeonic likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.