1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198113631170 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by Nacho_, Jun 20, 2015.

1. Nacho_

Nacho_ Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:42947361
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Trading with marked scammers or hijackers
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198113631170

Victim profile: 76561198048543665

What happened? Description:
    Upon doing a backgroung check of the user before committing in a monetary Bitcoin transaction, it was found that a previous transaction he had committed involved trading with a marked Steamrep scammer.

Here is his CSGO rep link: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOREPorts/discussions/5/617336568066875155/

Upon checking the profiles of each of his previous transactions, it was noted that one was tagged on Steamrep. Upon clarifying this with the Bitcoin trader who I originally planned to purchase keys from, he admitted to having successfully traded with this person in a monetary transaction, and took his SteamRep tag with little consideration. The screenshots below include: the full chatlog we both encountered, screenshot's of the Scammer's comment and profile, in-case the comment is removed prior to this report being viewed.​

Provide Evidence:
    As indicated above, the screenshots attached should be self-explanatory.​

Attached Files:

2. 10.11.12

10.11.12 Steam Trade Ban

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:76682721
    As you can see in chat, we having a great conversation, and Yeah it happens when i ask for his "CS:GO REP" and after i decline his trade offer. He started to rant like that, and in last chat you can see i'm willing to go first since i don't like to be reported since i don't scam anyone and pending report will affect my reputation. And i didn't scam anyone.
    Why will i delete it?

Attached Files:

3. Nacho_

Nacho_ Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    If you take a look at the chat log as shown in the first screenshot of three, you may notice that the arrangement of the trade is established before the bitcoin is sent, and hence the trade offer was sent prior to the confirmation of your previous monetary trades with a marked scammer. You may notice at the end of the chatlog, as shown in the third screenshot, that I am not interested in participating in such a trade. The chatlog does happen to be time stamped.
  4. 10.11.12

10.11.12 Steam Trade Ban

Steam:
    Yes i know, And i am going first only when people have a decent reputation. And then you don't have it, why should i go first ? Then you always said " MY INVERNTORY CAN TELL MY REPUTATION" Nice reason tho.
  5. Nacho_

Nacho_ Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    I don't think you are trying to see why it is I opened a report. You have traded with a marked scammer, and seem to lack the initiative and self-discipline not to trade with them, and by doing so, you are helping scammers with theft, in-turn being an accomplice. Although the debate of 'who shall go first' was initially what we were trying to resolve, you are being reported not for wanting to go first, but for helping scammers profit from their trades. I hope that clarifies your concerns.
  6. Nacho_

Nacho_ Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    The user added me, willing to make peace and understand the wrong in his ways. As a new/inexperienced trader, I can see that the ingrained reminder to check each person's Steamrep reputation before trading with is not set-in-stone. I feel that the accused has learned his mistake, and hence I feel it is not necessary for him to be marked. If however, such an offense is repeated, he has already been warned.
  7. 10.11.12

10.11.12 Steam Trade Ban

Steam:
    I know i made a mistake. Upon not checking that guy steamrep profile. Because that guy send me the payment instantly. So as a seller and not a scammer, I also gave instantly the keys that he purchase from me. I will be more aware know to check always SR profile of the people who is buying to me :)
  8. 10.11.12

10.11.12 Steam Trade Ban

Steam:
    Any response from SR admin please? Let me know.. So the unconfirmed report in my profile will be remove?