1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198117604346 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Chan_Man_, Jun 23, 2014.

1. Chan_Man_

Chan_Man_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:80341527
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198117604346 ()

Victim profile: 76561198120948783

What happened? Description:
    The accused adds me on steam and offers me $110 in paypal for my Professional Collector's Holy Mackeral and TF2 Logo Tree. In response i explain how i would prefer buds and keys, which he counters with he can provide steam codes.

*Now i know it is difficult for steamrep to investigate steam codes because they cannot authenticate their validity, however the accused never gave me the codes. This report rather focuses on the fact the the accused never followed through with his end of the deal.*

This should have sent of warnings in my head, but he seemed kind, courteous and all around likable. And i had done a background check on outpost, backpack.tf and steamrep and he turned up clean. In addition he takes a "pledge" to give me the gift codes, promising me that he most likely be banned by steam if he does not hold up his end of the bargain.
    Still a little cautious i i offer to trade the Holy Mackeral 1st for $30, 3 $10 codes. This all took place on friday and trading had been crashing often, so i sent him a trade offer for it. i checked the accused's backpack 10 mins after sending the trade offer and notice the accused has the Holy Mackeral and i ask for my payment. He fails to respond, and i am unable to return to my computer until sunday during which i confront him about the payment. He denies the fact that he as the Holy Mackeral, saying he never received it, despite the fact that i show him numerous screenshots of it in his backpack on multiple sites.

I admit i was stupid enough to fall for his trap.​

Provide Evidence:
    Below is a set of screenshots with brief descriptions taken throughout the whole ordeal.

1. He offers in paypal money, i prefer keys and buds and he changes it to steam codes.
    *The only cut off part on top is him saying hello to me, sorry about that.
    2. We discuss the prices, he "pledges" that he will give me steam codes, and we try to trade
    3. I send a trade offer and he explains he will be away from his computer. I realize he accepted the trade and ask him for payment.
    4. 2 days later i confront him about the payment and he denies having it despite the fact i provide him with evidence.
    5. He continues to deny that he has it even after i provide more evidence.
    6. The accepted trade offer
    7. My trade history, indicating that he received the item.
    8. A screenshot of his bp, friday, the day of the trade.
    9. A screenshot of his bp, sunday, 2 days after the trade
    10. Both his name and my name in the item history of the Holy Mackeral.​

Attached Files:

2. Toasted

Toasted New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:78669309
    i told you it won't turn up in my inventory mate.

Attached Files:

3. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Ready for review.
  4. :D k

:D k New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50609057
    happened to me as well, please ban this guy and somehow get our stuff back :(
  5. SIVARTZ

SIVARTZ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:46928737
    Then file your own report.
  6. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Adding this to his offenses. Thanks for the report.