1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Declined Report: 76561198132007037 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Zenpa1, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zenpa1

Zenpa1 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:160419775
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198132007037

Victim profile: 76561198281105279

What happened? Description:
    This random added me on Steam to buy my Australium Festivized Specialized KS Medi Gun. His method of scamming was rather rare. He will ask you if the items are available for trade and then directly links you to Marketplace.tf. If you have no experience with the website, he will take advantage of it by tricking you with a bot. He will then add you in Discord and start a call, revealing his voice. Despite all that, he will then use emotional words like (please) or (thank you) or even be "close" to you. He then starts a call then requests for screen sharing. This is where it begins.​

Provide Evidence:
    As soon as screen sharing occurs, he will give you a random set of instructions, and pressing a certain button in the website will give a response through a bot. Timed correctly and forcibly, he syncs the button press to his fake bot's trade offer (which impersonated a Marketplace.tf Bot). The bot's account is here: https://steamcommunity.com/id/7655513432354

He then tests it on cheap items, giving it back to you, and once you fall for it, he will take your valuable items. The message he states on the bot on the second trade offer states that it is a "bugged item", and the bot then responds by putting all your valuables into another trade offer stating:

Marketplace.tf Trade Token: bb42e0893d07f579, Trade ID: Unbugged (Respond To Unbugged Listed Items ) Highly Unresellable

Now the grammar of the bot was very suspicious, but naturally, if someone like me had no experience in Marketplace.tf, we'd usually fall for it. I guess I wasn't playing it smart huh.

As much as possible, please get him banned. He's trying not to act suspicious when in fact his all inventory is full of scammed items (which is why it's private). I've seen it.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @Zenpa1 This user has been tagged/banned already for the last month - not sure why you didn't see this or missed it.
    Make sure you check users out BEFORE you add or accept friend request in the future.
    As for this report - its rejected because it lacks any proper evidence proving this user did anything wrong.
    We do not review anything thru discord - only steam chat screenshots.
    Please don't submit reports here without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.