1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198133104684 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by AK9A4UNIT, Aug 19, 2014.

1. AK9A4UNIT

AK9A4UNIT New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:91884421
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Accomplice] Alternate account of hijacker or scammer
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198133104684

Victim profile: 76561198144034571

What happened? Description:
    This Person Tried to scam me, i have a video of him trying to scam me, my friend got scammed but didn't record it, i still will link his and my video's, here they are!
    Its in the evidence folder. First Clip is My First Clip : My Second Clip : And this is my friends clip :
    KEEP IN Mind... This is the same person that tried to scam ME and my FRIEND...
    He did a STEAM CARD scam. THIS is my friend.​

Provide Evidence:
    i put this in just so i can get past, it won't accept video so thats what i did. =P​

Attached Files:

2. AK9A4UNIT

AK9A4UNIT New User

Steam:
    so there you go! now go to town on this guy.
  3. TheThirdPlayerFromTheLeft

TheThirdPlayerFromTheLeft New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59651775
    I have watched all three videos.
    My message to the first two: The accused was "sharking" not "scamming." A shark is (usually) someone who tries to take advantage of newer players by offering lower tiered items on their higher tiered ones. Ex: My 10 keys for your max's severed head. But BOTH parties accept the trade in question, all information is in front of them, and it is the "victim's" job to know what these items are and what their worth. A scammer manipulates others into stealing items. Ex. 10 keys for you max's severed head, and ill get you 3 buds tomorrow. I promise!"
    My message to the third video: All the content in this a person saying "They said they would give me $5 in steam wallet money for my stuff, and I also got some other items too." There is no proof here of the chat for the promise of the code, of who the 'scammer' was, or even if the victim ever HAD a tossle. While the promise for wallet money would be a scam in it of itself, steamrep does not handle these kinds of scams due to difficulty of investigation.
  4. AK9A4UNIT

AK9A4UNIT New User

Steam:
  5. TheThirdPlayerFromTheLeft

TheThirdPlayerFromTheLeft New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:59651775
    I didn't say that the tossle isn't in the accused's bp, i said that the video shows no PROOF. All you have on the accused is that he tried to shark you and your friend's claim that the accused didn't provide a steam wallet code that the accused promised to give (key word: "claim"). Steamrep handles neither sharking nor CD/wallet code scams.
  6. AK9A4UNIT

AK9A4UNIT New User

Steam:
    Well, i didn't make that video so i have nothing to do with that part but my friend told me to upload it anyways. =P
  7. jurdabomb

jurdabomb New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45388742
    ProbablyYogaPants: i had a offer for ur machina
    ProbablyYogaPants: a 100 dollar steam code would suffice for you?
    ProbablyYogaPants: i got it during my birthday but i got market banned for 2 months last week and i cant use it :/
    jurdabomb: sure let me use it first and ill do it
    ProbablyYogaPants: well actually, could u go first since i mean i am overpayin like 20 dollars and i do have reupation for doing this code kinda stuff
    jurdabomb: ur trying to scam then
    ProbablyYogaPants: i had like 6 or 7 codes and ive already had 3 or 4 done deals
    ProbablyYogaPants: i mean check my profile
    ProbablyYogaPants: i do deliver the codes i dont scam :/
    ProbablyYogaPants: i got scammed before and it sucks so much
    jurdabomb: well ur not baned from market so ur lying about thgat
    jurdabomb: dude ive played this game a long time
    jurdabomb: ik a scam when i see one
    ProbablyYogaPants: yeah i use credit card and i didnt work ....
    jurdabomb: sure
    jurdabomb: like i said the only way im doing it is if u give me code first
    ProbablyYogaPants: so then my wallet is messed up.. and i cant add money
    ProbablyYogaPants: lemmethink abou tit
    jurdabomb: and it doesnt ban u from market for that btw
    ProbablyYogaPants: feels like it cuz i cant add money XD
    ProbablyYogaPants: and i dont wanna sell my stuff
    jurdabomb: cool like i said ill do it if i get the code first
    ProbablyYogaPants: lemme think about it
    ProbablyYogaPants: it is 100 dolalrs
    jurdabomb: cool i can componsate the rest of the money in keys
    jurdabomb: so u gonna do it or no?
    ProbablyYogaPants: actually its ok i have someone offering an aussie
    heres another scam from him
  8. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    As has been mentioned in here by others, SteamRep does not accept reports on sharking or CD keys.

In a nutshell, scamming is a failure to uphold a trade agreement, such as a paypal trade, while sharking is misrepresenting item value or taking advantage of a newer trader's lack of knowledge about the game's economy. Glancing over your videos, there is no solid evidence that a trade agreement is breached, only that the accused is offering bad deals. As for the one about Steam Wallet codes, we consider those to be the same as CD keys and other activation keys. Because they are nigh impossible to track or properly document for a report, we do not accept them as a policy. As such, I am archiving this report.

For future reference, we generally do not accept YouTube videos as evidence because we need all evidence uploaded directly to the forums. This is because we retain evidence permanently to periodically audit our tags and in case the accused tries to appeal the tag. If pictures or videos are uploaded to some other site, they may disappear later on. In any future reports, please be sure to take screenshots and upload them here.