1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198158381739 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Ultrasmurfer, Mar 9, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ultrasmurfer

Ultrasmurfer New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:239400709
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198158381739

Victim profile: 76561198439067146

What happened? Description:
    I found the accused through another person's cash rep thread because I was trying to sell my arcanas for Ethereum (ETH), a cryptocurrency which is used for cash trades like bitcoin.

https://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOREPorts/discussions/5/2673382644943416965/

Since he had successful trades in the past as seen in the rep thread, I was inclined to go first since I have not made any cash trades before.

Photos 1-4 showed our discussion where we agreed upon the price of $17.4 USD per arcana with the accused paying for the transaction fees. I sent the offer of 10 arcanas which can be seen in Photos 5-6 but did not get a reply after sending the accused my ETH address for the accused to send the payment for said items.
    This is shown in Photos 8-9 where my ETH address did not receive any form of ETH over the past 4 hours since the trade occurred.

In Photo 6 it is proven that I have sent the 10 arcanas to the accused, as seen in the bottom left of the page where the url of the accused's profile is displayed as I hovered over the accused's username on the screen.

Photo 7 proves that the accused had unfriended me after I had completed my side of the transaction. I've requested to add the accused as a friend again since the accused unfriended me but the accused has ignored my request. This cannot be proven because of how Steam inherently shows friend request statuses.

The accused has clearly committed a scam because the accused has accepted my items WITHOUT following up with his/ her part of the trade and has unfriended me, showing intent to scam. On the case that the accused had forgotten or made a mistake in the transaction, the accused would accept the victim's friend request and complete his/her part of the trade.

Hope this description is detailed enough and that I can get a follow-up from the admin(s) from SteamRep. Thank you.​

Provide Evidence:

[5:44 PM]
    Bryce:
    yo
    how can I help

[5:44 PM]
    Ultrasmurfer:
    Hi
    May I know whether youd be interested in buying arcs?

[5:45 PM]
    Bryce:
    what payment method you accept

Ultrasmurfer:
    ETH

Bryce:
    got any cashrep?

Ultrasmurfer:
    Nope
    I wouldn't mind going first if you have

[5:46 PM]
    Bryce:
    Bryce's rep thread - 76561198158381739 :: CS:GO REP!
    > > > > > > > > > > > > > CLICK HERE to make REP THREAD < < < < < < < < < < < < < < (Following this link is the correct way to make a valid REP THREAD. Any other method WILL result in the rep thread not working properly and then deletion. Follow the link abov
    https://steamcommunity.com/groups/CSGOREPorts/discussions/5/2673382644943416965/

there is mine

[5:49 PM]
    Ultrasmurfer:
    Ok thanks
    Would you be willing to buy them at $17.5 with you covering fees?

[5:49 PM]
    Bryce:
    I can buy at $17.4

[5:50 PM]
    Ultrasmurfer:
    That would be fine, can you cover fees?

Bryce:
    yeah

Ultrasmurfer:
    Btw what wallet do you use?

[5:51 PM]
    Bryce:
    localethereum
    and blockchain

[5:52 PM]
    Ultrasmurfer:
    Ok I'll send the arcs once I find my eth address, if you dont mind

[5:52 PM]
    Bryce:
    :steamhappy:

[5:57 PM]
    Bryce:
    btw
    where did you add me from?

[6:04 PM]
    Ultrasmurfer:
    I added you from zatain's cash rep
    Sorry for the long wait, I'm sending the arcs now

[6:04 PM]
    Bryce:
    oh alright

[6:05 PM]
    Ultrasmurfer:
    You sent Bryce a new trade offerView trade offer
    Here is my ETH address
    0x0212ba6c995bd33cac07fa6125766280c47bc143

Attached Files:

2. Ultrasmurfer

Ultrasmurfer New User

Steam:
    The accused has requested to add me back as of right now, at 10:13pm GMT+08:00

Attached Files:

3. Bryzec

Bryzec Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:99058005
    The whole situation was a misunderstanding, I have added you back on Steam to sort this out.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    What was the misunderstanding?
  5. Bryzec

Steam:
    Well my steam account was being used by another family member and they told me there was a scammer trying to take out items and offering fake trades. I have added the guy back again and I'm willing to pay what I owe to him. Also he has lots of scammers in his friendslist which made me think he wasn't legit. The person using my steam account didn't tell me that I had received the 10 arcanas from the guy.
  6. Ultrasmurfer

Ultrasmurfer New User

Steam:
    As of 10:39pm, I have accepted the accused's friend request to see whether I can come to a resolution with the accused
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    What? So someone was using your account...said something and you were the one interacting with the Op here and now your saying you backtracked to make it all good now?

Attached Files:

• eth.jpg
      eth.jpg
      File size:
      162.5 KB
      Views:
  8. Bryzec

Steam:
    I thought the OP was just another random scammer since I had no clue of the arcanas, I realized I had gotten 10 arcs like an hour and that's the reason I added the OP back.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    So you thought because you assumed the user was a random scammer you would scam them instead but then had remorse for it after they made a report here to pay them back?

@Ultrasmurfer I need the following to get all the details here.
    Take a full screenshot of your trade inventory history open this in a web browser, hover your mouse pointer over users name so it shows up the URL at the bottom.
    Full screenshot please
  10. Ultrasmurfer

Ultrasmurfer New User

Steam:
    The accused has admitted that what happened was an accident and that he will complete his side of the transaction soon

Attached Files:

11. Ultrasmurfer

Ultrasmurfer New User

Steam:
    The pointer cannot be shown when a screenshot is taken

Attached Files:

12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    @Bryzec So you thought because you assumed the user was a random scammer you would scam them instead but then had remorse for it after they made a report here to pay them back?
  13. Bryzec

Steam:
    Absolutely not, as I said, I spoke with the guy and offered him his stuff back. My little brother was using my PC and I was at work. I had no idea that he had gotten stuff from him. It's what it is, I wouldn't be offering him the stuff back if I had intentions to scam or anything like that. I said I ignored him in the first place because I didn't see I had the arcanas.
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Does your little bother have a steam account of their own?
  15. Bryzec

Steam:
    No he doesn't, that's why he's mostly using my PC and playing the games from my account when I'm not home. If Ultrasmurfer had added some item from my inventory, I would get the notification when the trade was getting accepted. I have my steam mobile guard so that's why I don't have to worry about out-going trades. What do we do now?
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    So if this was a mistake why did you change the privacy settings on your steam account multiple times which shows me you were trying to hide something.
    Changed custom URL as well.
  17. Bryzec

Steam:
    I didn't know that my custom URL was changed, I asked my brother and he said he changed it. As far as profile privacy, I changed it several times today. I usually do that, not the first time I did it. You can check if there is an option to check the history.
  18. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The brother excuse isn't cutting it for me.... your gonna have to show viable proof that this in deed happen with exactly how you described it.

At the end of the day you are responsible for your account and thus far this report is acceptable with everything provided.
    I'll give you 24hours to provide something to back up your story.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  19. Bryzec

Steam:
    Fair enough, I kindly ask you to go check my inventory and tell me if it would be wise for me to f✿✿✿ my steam account for couple of bucks. I know it's really f✿✿✿ed up situation, you have no clue what I'm going through today. I came back and all of this drama started. How could I possibly make you believe me? I talked with my brother and he said sorry to me as well because he was feeling greedy and wanted to "surprise" me with those arcanas and.

Trust me, if I wanted to buy arcanas, I would just do it anyways because I have been trading for past 5 years and if I need something, I buy it myself. I have 30+ reps which are mostly cashreps on steamtrades.com (feel free to check). And I recently made my Cashrep as well because I started buying/selling arcs. Why would I f✿✿✿ that all up and years of reputation for couple of arcs? That's just not me buddy, you are free to check my story and see for yourself. I have offered to trade Ultrasmurfer the arcs back or send him ETH. He prefers ETH I think but I haven't heard from him yet because it's night in his country and here as well.

Cheers.
  20. Bryzec

Steam:
    I have also changed my custom URL id back again which was original to make things clearer.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.