1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198165887294 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Lolicon™, May 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lolicon™

Lolicon™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:60649519
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198165887294

Victim profile: 76561198081564767

What happened? Description:
    A friend by the name of ♠Plank♠ contacted me and said that he had accidentally reported my account for item duplication to a "steam representative" named Tesseract. He sent me a link to his profile and told me to appeal along side him that i was innocent and I believed him since he was a good friend to me for a long while. The tesseract user then asked me to send info such as my past market history for the past few days and told me to trade my taunts to a profile with this link https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198882455402 , my suspicions then grew around this point since the profile was offline and had few items in its inventory. I thought of this as a scam yet my logic was blinded by my want to not be banned so i traded my very few tf2 taunts to the profile as fodder to see if this was actually a scam. They then told me that the taunts had a "Bugged virus index" and said it spread to my other items which immediately set me off. He also kept checking back on me to see if i was going to trade with him often which was quite annoying.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 715748
    This part is my friend plank sending me his profile, he even used pretty poor grammar which he usually doesn't do.

View attachment 715749
    This part illustrates tesseract telling me to send my taunts in from suspected fraud.

View attachment 715750
    After I tossed in my fodder items I was told they had "Bugged Virus Index" with what looked like a poorly photo shopped label slapped on top of the trade.

View attachment 715751
    After clicking their profile to check up on them it led to this profile.

View attachment 715752
    I then responded with this after a short while of being showered with "are you there" comments.​

Attached Files:

2. Lolicon™

Lolicon™ New User

Steam:
    I've reported the violation of privacy and would like to know if there's any further help I could get on this situation
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You don't report this user - you report the FIRST user that contacted you and started the event.
    Your FRIEND is that user - that is who started the scam.
    Who is that? Id64 or SR profile block asap!

Also in the future FULL screenshots - not cropped chat boxes like you did.
    This is almost unacceptable.

| steamname: Program: System Database
    | steam3ID: [U:1:922189674]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:0:461094837
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198882455402
    | customURL:
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198882455402

Attached Files:

4. Lolicon™

Lolicon™ New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2019
  5. Lolicon™

Lolicon™ New User

Steam:
    I've taken the time to listen to tesseract and was able to contact him over discord

he was a reliable person, so I believe the situation has been cleared up for the time being; the only person i'm concerned with now is my previously mentioned friend; Plank
    Apologies for the mistrust I may have arisen from my worry

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2019
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The accused is NOT a reliable person - Absolutely NOT! The accused here TESSERACT IS A FAKE!!! ABSOLUTELY NOT reliable!!!

Your friend started a very common scam tactic but it is prob likely your friend was hijacked or compromised. Do you have any other ways to contact your friend??

Also you didn't give your login info to either user did you?? @Lolicon™ Please answer ASAP!
  7. Lolicon™

Lolicon™ New User

Steam:
    I didn't give any log in info to either party but i did lock my account for the whole process as well as change my account connections such as the password and reconnecting my steam guard, email password as well.
    Unfortunately I don't have any other ways to contact my friend Plank outside of steam
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.