1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Declined Report: 76561198171284169 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Brice, Dec 14, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Brice

Brice New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:799111546
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198171284169

Victim profile: 76561199558488821

What happened? Description:
    I was making a trade deal with a different user and opted to use a middleman service. After doing some research, I found a list of middleman on Reddit on this list: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalOffensiveTrade/wiki/index/ - reputable names like Zipel were on the list. I opted to use "Ferrari" since he was in Canada like myself, so time-zone different wouldn't be an issue. We decided to make a group chat with the person and I sent the item to Ferrari after agreeing to paying his fee of 2% for the trade (fair price). The other person started saying to me hey, I can't send less than 5000 USD on PayPal and he was making me uncomfortable. Ferrari than decided to inform that there was a 15% cancellation fee for the trade (which was not one mentioned before the deal, otherwise I would have rethought that.). So reluctant, I agreed, but he than told me I have to pay the other persons 15% so 30% of the overall deal which is just fraud at this point. I am not responsible for the actions of the other individual, and he is basically blackmailing me to pay him to give my item.

I mentioned to Ferrari that I can pay etransfer or PayPal but he wants TF2 keys. Since my knife isn't tradable, I told him, I'll buy the keys and we can do one transaction for a trade and he is trying to get me to send the keys first to recover my item. That is a huge red flag also.

Considering the fact of the matter is that there was no disclosure of any cancellation fees before the deal at all between either party, I should be getting my item back at 2% of the original deal. As you can see in the deal screenshot, no mention of cancellation fees initially.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots below show my conversation with the "middleman", as well as the initial deal where no mention of Cancellation fees​

Attached Files:

2. Brice

Brice New User

Steam:
    Additional Screenshots

Attached Files:

3. Brice

Brice New User

Steam:
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You are reporting the WRONG user - who was the user you were FIRST involved with that directed you to this user?
  5. Brice

Brice New User

Steam:
    Hi Horse,

I directed myself to the middleman in the deal via the Reddit Thread. I am intentionally reporting the middleman.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Why would you direct yourself to an unknown source? You are using a new account barely 2 months old...either way I can't match up anything with you or this/any user due to your private account.
    You will need to follow next set of instructions.

Issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  7. Brice

Brice New User

Steam:
    This account that I use on Steam is <2 months old since it is strictly for CSGO. My main account I don't play on since a VAC BAN around 8 years ago. Obviously I did look into the person and did not see any red flags in the beginning and I was trying to use a middleman that has not been biased to any party. I have modified my Steam Profile settings for you so that my friend-list is public. Attached are some screenshots as well.

Attached Files:

8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Who is the other user you were trading with? SR profile block. Chat logs with them?
  9. Brice

Brice New User

Steam:
    Hi,

The other I was Syltherin: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Slytherin_5883/
    | steamname: SLYTHERIN
    | steam3ID: [U:1:143155157]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:71577578
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198103420885
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Slytherin_5883
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198103420885

Both users have blocked me now. If you would like the Discord conversation since Slytherin did provide his discord in the steam chat, please let me know.

Attached Files:

10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Nothing thru discord is acceptable but that is the user you should have reported to start with.
    So let me get this straight...this user here SLYTHERIN didn't give you any advice, link or name to use for a middleman you found and choose them all on your own?
  11. Brice

Brice New User

Steam:
    Hi Horse,

That is correct, the user SLYTHERIN did not do any advice on the middleman, although he did have some shady behavior saying PayPal would only let him send $5000 minimum which was indicated in my chat with FERRARI. I found my middleman here: https://www.reddit.com/r/GlobalCsgoTrade/wiki/middleman_thread/ which did have Zipel mentioned in the list and I know for sure that Zipel is reputable in the community.

My problem is mainly with FERRARI unless there is action to be taken against SLYTHERIN for attempted scam? I can understand if there is disclosure provided from the middleman that there is a cancellation fee, but there was no such behaviour.

Thanks.
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No at this time I will likely redact any mention of this user and focus on the middleman because you do not have evidence to show/suggest this user was involved.
    Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History (thru a computer not mobile) showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade.. full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  13. Brice

Brice New User

Steam:
    Hi Horse,

Attached are the screenshots per your request:

Is there anything else needed

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 18, 2023
  14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Update - Report is being reviewed, there is no timeline on this. The report was locked due to excessive bumping. Unless requested do not bump the report.
    The OP is welcome to DM me if they wish to respond to the report and will re-open it for that need however it will remain locked till final review is done.
    No need to contact me VIA DM or post report - it will not speed the process up in any way.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.