1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198208964868 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Pinky ღ Foxx, Feb 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinky ღ Foxx

Pinky ღ Foxx New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:104406520
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198208964868

Victim profile: 76561198169078769

What happened? Description:
    F.CO WOLF (their name at the time) had added me previously for an unusual trade. They then started a conversation with me via Steam chat on 22/2/17. They were wondering if anyone could lend them 6 keys. They said that they had 6 untradeable keys in their inventory, but they wanted to use the keys on a TF2 item. The plan was to borrow 6 tradeable keys from me, buy the item, and then return the 6 keys to me when their keys were tradeable on 27/2/17. Of course, this was a very risky agreement, but I trusted them to keep to their word, seeing as I had been so generous to even risk my items to help a 'friend'. I had small doubts in my mind that this person would block me and run away with my keys. I was constantly checking to see that they had not removed me yet. They remained Steam friends with me up until 27/2/17, when I tried to search for their profile and could not find it. Luckily, I had saved their SteamID and I searched for their profile on Scrap.TF. From there, I found their Steam profile. This user had indeed removed me AND blocked all communication. I am quite disappointed in this user because I had been so selfless and helpful towards them, and they ultimately had the nerve to block me and take my hard-earned items.

A heads up - my evidence might be insufficient, as I placed a lot of trust on this user and was hoping they wouldn't default. Therefore, I cannot retrieve a screenshot of my trade of 6 keys to this user since they have blocked me. I also have no access to previous chat logs because we are no longer Steam friends. I fully understand if you decide not to prosecute this user for their actions due to insufficient evidence, but I hope for a rightful outcome.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Did you trade with this user?
  3. Pinky ღ Foxx

Pinky ღ Foxx New User

Steam:
    Yes, I did. How may I prove this?
  4. Pinky ღ Foxx

Pinky ღ Foxx New User

Steam:
    I believe I have some new evidence. I went to my backpack.tf inventory, sorted the date to 20/2/17 and found one of the 6 keys I traded with the user (I won't spend time searching for the other 5 unless you require it, because it's too tedious). Here is proof of the trade and the user it went to Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 1.07.24 AM.png Screen Shot 2017-03-01 at 1.07.29 AM.png .
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    yeah I don't care what backpack says here...not relevant.
    I'll need a FULL screenshot of your trade inventory history for the last several days to present - your going to have to over lap some trades on screenshots if you have more than what fits on one screenshot page. IE: just scroll down to show a previous trade on the first screenshot so it shows up on the next and same on.
    FULL SCREENSHOTS - do NOT crop
  6. Pinky ღ Foxx

Pinky ღ Foxx New User

Steam:
  7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    The chat screenshots show you talking to the user between the 22nd and 23rd yet the trade history shot shows you trading with them on the 24th?
  8. Pinky ღ Foxx

Pinky ღ Foxx New User

Steam:
    That's right. To clarify, they contacted me on the 22nd and 23rd, I sent them the offer on the 24th, and on the 27th they had unfriended and blocked me without returning my keys like they promised to.
  9. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Why wait another 2 or so to send offer? had issues?
  10. Pinky ღ Foxx

Pinky ღ Foxx New User

Steam:
    It's really simple. It's because I had a major test in school coming up and I didn't have time to be on Steam, much less bother with the trade. I was studying instead of wasting time on Steam. Also, I live in Australia so the timezones are largely different.
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok fair enough let me look at it all closer this evening.
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.