1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Pending Report: 76561198222242176 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Pre-2017 Reports' started by darkshadowslade, Mar 4, 2016.

1. darkshadowslade

darkshadowslade New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:69285522
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198222242176

Victim profile: 76561198098836772

What happened? Description:
    i got added by this guy YeeeDank [Alt]. he told me he was a collector and he wanted my butterfly knife night minimal wear. he asked me for the float value and a screenshot. i provided the screenshot and asked why he wanted my knife, he responded saying float value. i respond confused stating it was minimal wear, he says 0.12 and that's why hes interested. im now even more confused since he just asked me for the float so i ask him why he asked for the float if he knew he says he just checked. i then add and msg the main account (http://steamcommunity.com/id/africanhorse) asking if the alt account is his and i link him. i get a response in the yeedank(alt) window copy pasting the msg i sent to the main and responding with yes its me. he then states he is playing on 3 PC and then asked for a screenshot which i provided. he offered $325 and i say its too good to be true. he goes on about all the rep on his profile and his $15000 inventory. i accept and he asked what payment method i use. i reply "so the trade is in cash not skins?" he said hes a collector not a trader. i say his offer is too good to be true. i ask for a rep thread and he says all his rep is on his profile. i was suspicious but he said the amount of comments plus the size of his inventory should prove his legitimacy. after talking for awhile about how he was on mcskillets video and has one of the rarest nights in the world i started to believe him eventually after talking about how bad my setup was i sent him a paypal link sent the trade and he said he sent the money, removed me and went offline. i never relieved the money and right after he went offline the main account said they don't have a alt and that they don't know the other account, they then proceed to ask what the fake alt did. i explain and tell him to scan his computer for a rat because he was able to read our chat and respond so either one of us is ratted or he was in on the scam i took screenshots and the main account removed me and i reported him for trade scam on steam. he made his account private for awhile and traded the knife then went public again. the main account is also friends with the alt but the guy said he dosnt have an alt​

Provide Evidence:
    Chat log with fake alt account: View attachment 385260 View attachment 385261 View attachment 385263 View attachment 385264 View attachment 385265 View attachment 385266 View attachment 385267

trade accepted:
    View attachment 385268

Chat with main account immediately after:
    View attachment 385269 View attachment 385270 View attachment 385271

Trade history: View attachment 385272
    scammer profile:(just noticed he is friends with the main account first on the friends list) View attachment 385275

Attached Files:

2. AznZeus

AznZeus New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40386372
    I suggest you take a screenshot of his friends list showing hes friends with scammer since he claims non association and report this to steam support scams explaining what happened. They are the only ones to verify trade history and if they verify thats its the same person theyll tradenban him.
  3. darkshadowslade

darkshadowslade New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:69285522
    if you look at his profile under the friends tab you can see its the same guy level 61. i circled it in this photo and you can check for yourself if you go to either of the profiles and look in the friends list. yeealt.jpg on main profile.jpg