1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Accepted Report: 76561198225376136 - ([DOTA2] Dota2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Maxeen, Jun 2, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Maxeen

Maxeen New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:80920161
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [DOTA2] Dota2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198225376136

Victim profile: 76561198122106051

What happened? Description:
    He added me cause I was buying items of dota2 items like unusual courier. I accepted his invitation of request and showed me some of his rep in his account but they were never been true.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 817121 View attachment 817114 I have a screenshots of paypal receipt to his account.
    He will pretend that he is the one who owns the buff account in his steam. He will ask the buyer to pay the half of the items in order to gain some trust, and then he will ask additional money so he can trade them. and then after sending him the payment through paypal. He blocked me right away. I will put a screen record of the account. I nicknamed his account scammer in order to protect myself in future in case I might forget about this and he added me back. here is the link for the video https://youtube.com/shorts/yUTC78zq5so?si=5j5Ko-s87vlai7Kr

I guess this is enough proof that is he a scammer. Ive seen alot of report and it was declined or Invalid​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Thanks - issue is I can't confirm you were ever friends with this exact user by SteamID - all I see is a chat box with a name and profile image. Need to verify this and you can do that with a screenshot of your friend/user activity thru a web browser - when you take this and it shows you adding the user hover your mouse pointer over the users name so it shows the popup of the profile. Make sure you open this in a web browser before doing anything rather than steam client. Take the screenshot and make sure it's Full Screen and make sure steam client URL is enabled, not edited or cropped in any way! Upload HERE…NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Please review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
  3. Maxeen

Maxeen New User

Steam:

https://youtube.com/shorts/JO44LVWrJ4Q?si=pUAL2L7w6NqpU4GQ You can see here in video I uploaded that we became friends. And after he scammed me he blocked me. I can provide the pictures you needed after work hours EST
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    We do not review videos nor do we accept them.
    You need to provide screenshot evidence per requirements to show what was requested.
  5. Maxeen

Maxeen New User

Steam:
    okay I understand. I will provide them after work hours EST
  6. Maxeen

Maxeen New User

Steam:
    here are the photos let me know if you need more.

Attached Files:

7. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok now explain in better detail including amounts to where it was going, full item name or names etc.
  8. Maxeen

Maxeen New User

Steam:
    Okay. so he randomly added me in steam, i asked how did he find me he said i commented to some post but Ive never commented to any post in steam. and he asked me if im selling items but i am not selling so i asked him if hes selling items, and he said yes, showed me his buff163 (which is not his real account) and pretends that is his. he asked me what items i needed. and i answered i am looking for Unusual Lil'nova and Unusual Baby roshan couriers. And then he asked for $160 for the 2 items, and want me to pay the half $75 via paypal Friends and family. So I did pay him. and after that he never responded to me and gone blocked me.
  9. Maxeen

Maxeen New User

Steam:
    Okay. so he randomly added me in steam, i asked how did he find me he said i commented to some post but Ive never commented to any post in steam. and he asked me if im selling items but i am not selling so i asked him if hes selling items, and he said yes, showed me his buff163 (which is not his real account) and pretends that is his. he asked me what items i needed. and i answered i am looking for Unusual Lil'nova and Unusual Baby roshan couriers. And then he asked for $160 for the 2 items, and want me to pay the half $75 via paypal Friends and family. So I did pay him. and after that he never responded to me and gone blocked me.
  10. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Need to see paypal activity for last few days till now - need to see the transaction opened fully and paypal settings page all FULL screenshots do not edit anything.
    Need to see trade inventory history thru steam client (make sure client URL is enabled for the last 3 days till now again FULL screenshot(s).
  11. Maxeen

Maxeen New User

Steam:
    as you can see there is no trade from that steam ID. And payment has been sent through paypal. I tried to report this to paypal but since it was sent as FnF paypal cant make any action with this.

as you can see there is no trade from that steam ID. And payment has been sent through paypal. I tried to report this to paypal but since it was sent as FnF paypal cant make any action with this.

let me know if you need anything. As far as requested I sent what is needed.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 5, 2024
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.