1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Declined Report: 76561198296262147 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Fri3ndG, Sep 11, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fri3ndG

Fri3ndG New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:64356418
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Other cash fraud (webmoney, bitcoin, etc)
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198296262147

Victim profile: 76561198088978564

What happened? Description:
    Middleman scam. Ry0men contacted me about buying item, Collector's Persian Persuader Chemistry Set, and pointed directly to him. They are both involved in a scam. Didn't get any money from trade and Jorgdey, middleman, won't answer me.​

Provide Evidence:
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    There were already some reports on Jorgdey, 76561198296262147:
    https://rep.tf/76561198296262147
    https://backpack.tf/u/76561198160654201

Hidden Content:
    The rest of screens I'll upload below​

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2023
  2. Fri3ndG

Fri3ndG New User

Steam:
    Screens

Attached Files:

3. Fri3ndG

Fri3ndG New User

Steam:
    Screens

Attached Files:

4. Fri3ndG

Fri3ndG New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

5. Fri3ndG

Fri3ndG New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

6. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Wait are you reporting a middleman here or the FIRST user you were in contact with because that is who you should be reporting if they were the one that brought the middleman into the situation.

nobody is downloading a pdf file so I'm removing that post - they are not needed. In fact this report may be declined because its backwards - I'm not sure yet.
  7. Fri3ndG

Fri3ndG New User

Steam:
    I am reporting mainly the middleman, I suspect that the rest of accounts are alts or engaged other scammers. I've reported the middleman, becouse he tries to scam people using the image of Shubbler and Alias on Reddit.
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    That isn't how it works though, you always report the FIRST user involved and who brought the middleman in...after that we narrow down the situation.
    So I did hide the other suspected accounts you noted involved because that was all speculation but you can re-add the SR profile block to the FIRST user you were in contact with on next reply along with a more detailed description of the trade/situation. Need to know what the formal agreement was which will include exact item/s and payment, payment type and method etc.

Be prepared to verify lots of things here, because so far there appears to be many holes that need plugged.
  9. Fri3ndG

Fri3ndG New User

Steam:
    | steamname:
    | steam3ID: [U:1:1489927567]
    | steamID32: STEAM_0:1:744963783
    | steamID64: https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561199450193295
    | customURL: https://steamcommunity.com/id/Ry0menzxc123r
    | steamrep: https://steamrep.com/profiles/76561199450193295

He wrote a comment on my profile that he would like to discuss, it was about buying tf2 items. We agreed that I would sell 2 items, one was non-tradable, so we finally settled on 1 item valued at $300. He offered the service of an middleman whom he himself indicated for a safe transaction. We contacted him, I gave the item to the middleman, and it turned out that the buyer, Ry0men, couldn't transfer exactly $300 directly to my account, but can $500 because of international limits (?). He wanted me to spend $200 on keys to even out the transaction. We discussed a bit, and I said that I would not spend money when I wanted to sell the item and not to invest. I offered to pay with Paypal and Revolut, but he refused because you can chargeback the money from Paypal and he doesn't use Revolut. What's interesting is that I am the one that take risk with Paypal payment, not the buyer, because he can demand a refund. This is where the conversation with Ry0men ended.

Going to the middleman, I discussed with him what the rules are for returning the item to me and that I don’t want to invest in an unknown person on the Internet. He repeated over and over that the best way out of this situation was to buy these keys to see if the buyer was cheating and would not keep his promise. After long conversations, I managed to come to an agreement that we would check why the buyer did not want to pay by another method. As I wrote earlier, the result was that Paypal is risky and Revolut he doesn’t use.

Additionally, the middleman at some point transferred my item from his inventory to another to "secure it". The first time I wrote to him about it, I managed to get him to send it back so that I could see that he was not cheating and I advised him to notify sellers about such activities. About a day after I wrote to him, he again did not have the item with him, unfortunately I was unable to contact him again.

2 days after starting the transaction, I started documenting and checking every little detail about them and even contacted the official Reddit group regarding the Reddit groups identified above.
  10. Fri3ndG

Fri3ndG New User

Steam:
    Oh and the item was Collector's Persian Persuader Chemistry Set
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Will review this shortly...watch report over the next 48hours.
    Most likely need to get a few more things but there are technical issues preventing me from doing a few things.
    Thanks

Please don't post again unless requested.
    Post after this was removed due to link of a file that we don't know is safe and nothing else is requested at this time.
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2023
  12. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Able to confirm a few things today - will need an updated full screenshot of the trade you did with the middleman - open this thru a web browser, hover mouse pointer over users name so it shows up their steamID at the bottom. Full screenshot.
    Also need another of your paypal activity for the last 7 days till now - full screen also do not edit/crop in anyway.
    Lastly one of your paypal settings showing the email address you gave the user in the chat logs. Again do not edit/crop images in anyway.
  13. Fri3ndG

Fri3ndG New User

Steam:
    I don't have a Paypal account. As I stated in conversation with Ry0men, "I have never used their service", screenshot Ry0men_chat_13. He didn't want to agree to pay via Paypal neither Revolut, so I didn't bother setting up a PayPal account. It isn't a problem to create one, but never had a need for one.

And in the screenshots Ry0men_chat_5 and Ry0men_chat_6 are just my bank account number.

The conversation ended on September 5th and never got any other response. As of September 9th I blocked communication with both of them, buyer and middleman, because I found out it was a fraud.

Attached Files:

14. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok so you were supposed to receive payment directly to your bank account then? Correct? What was the amount?
    Account number and if so I need a full screen of activity of account for last 7 days or day before this event happened till now along with settings clearly showing ownership of account with account number you gave the user.
  15. Fri3ndG

Fri3ndG New User

Steam:
    Yes, direct transfer to my bank account, $300 for the item. About the details I prefer to PM you, I don't want to share this type of information on a public forum.
  16. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Evidence must be posted here to the report not sent to me over PM's.
    Read the screenshot guide it shows how to redact information properly and without edits.
  17. Fri3ndG

Fri3ndG New User

Steam:

$1 = 4.36zł as of today

Attached Files:

18. Fri3ndG

Fri3ndG New User

Steam:
    Sorry for posting when not requested, but I have to update the situation.

Managed to get banned the middleman by VALVe. Two other accounts that I did not listed in here, but were a week or two listed on specified Reddit group above, were also banned by VALVe, they were reported by somebody else.

The buyer is still not banned as well as other accounts on specified Reddit group, they even set up another account to take place of the banned Jorgdey account that has the same name and almost any other information.

I am still waiting for action from Reddit adminitratives on those Reddit groups.

Attached Files:

19. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    No need to post updates, if needing something else will inquire

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative).**
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2024
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.