1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198359347319 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Rock 5, May 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rock 5

Rock 5 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:111929987
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198359347319

Victim profile: 76561198184125703

What happened? Description:
    I had this dude message me who I apparently had on my friends list from Rocket League trading probably more than a year ago. He sent me a screenshot saying that I he was trying to "help" me and let me know that I had been marked as a "scammer/fraudulent item holder" and sent me some fake screenshot that looked like Steamrep. I pulled up the SteamRep website and low and behold I am just fine on SteamRep. He then says that I need to add someone from Steam to help me revert the "scammer" name tag. I ended the conversation there because I knew where it was going and honestly I just don't have the time to mess around with scammers.​

Provide Evidence:
    I linked all my screenshots and the chat log in text form below, this should hopefully be all the is required to prove the this was in fact a scam attempt and this user is in the wrong.​

hi,i dont wanna sound rude but i was just randomly checking my friends list, i saw your name marked as scammer/fraudulent item holder
    dont get this wrong, im just letting you know so you'll be aware
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....905/F49EF0DC8D9F80C100EBE6685F977D9BBADE1A73/

have you ever made a transaction with a scammer before? or atleast traded with one accidentally?

[9:48 AM]
    eRG airborne:
    are you aware of this?

[10:18 AM]
    Rock:
    no I wasn't aware

eRG airborne:
    i really dont think you scam people. how is it even possible?

Rock:
    idk man the SteamRep website says I'm good so idk

[10:19 AM]
    eRG airborne:
    i guess this is steam's another stupid mistake

[10:19 AM]
    Rock:
    maybe idk man

[10:21 AM]
    eRG airborne:
    i remember my friend who once was a victim of the same thing. his account got banned just because of that false accusation. He doesn't have an idea he traded with a scammed item. Steam is really dreadful sometimes
    steam must do something about this and stop banning innocent players

[10:22 AM]
    Rock:
    ya Steam is really weird sometimes

[10:24 AM]
    eRG airborne:
    im just concern about this kind of situation because if you let this pass now, you can have penalties. and I know you've invested much of your time, effort and money in your account,that's why I sent an appeal for your account when you were offline so you can get rid of the mark and you wont get penalties
    I can send what steam replied

[10:25 AM]
    Rock:
    alright

[10:26 AM]
    eRG airborne:
    here's what steam replied
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....580/E46EFAF579DF8E388D5148177FFE9E05FB33632F/

can you read that clearly?
    in order for you to process in removing the mark, steam responded and told me that you should add the authorized steam personnel

[10:30 AM]
    Rock:
    bro I wasn't born yesterday, low key you had me a little scared for a second about my steamrep, but obviously its just a bad photoshop. I know you wouldn't try to "help" me if I didn't have almost $300 in csgo skins and I keep buying more because I have a problem lol but Ima just take screenshots of the chat and send them to the ACTUAL SteamRep goodbye man

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Very typical of a hijacked account - did you report them to Valve yet? Reply asap!
  3. Rock 5

Rock 5 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:111929987
    Yes I reported their profile through steam
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    ok I'll watch report a few days to see how valve reacts.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.