1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198366034558 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by OzV, Mar 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. OzV

OzV New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:168155879
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198366034558

Victim profile: 76561198296577486

What happened? Description:
    Said scammer added me then asked me whether I was selling my unusual so I said yes, in fact I was selling all of them. He then proceeded to give me what looked like a steam url to his inventory, now I had a feeling this was a scam so I didn't open it from the chat window, I opened a different browser which didn't have any of my login details and enter the url manually in the address bar. It said "The specified profile could not be found.".

so I told him I was going to post the chat here and have the experts check whether he was scamming me, there was a long pause after which he removed me, most probably to change his id for his main back to OneGameOneGamer.

The link I entered manually: http://steamcommunity.com/id/OneGameOneGamer
    permanent link: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198086948995

Now for some reason the link is working, directing to his main most probably, but I am sure that particular id wasn't being used before since it gave me that error. which makes me believe that the real guy is impersonating his own profile to defraud others and trying to make others believe there are others impersonating as him.

I hear steamrep has a way with finding out the alt owners main, hope that's true because that's the only way we are going to get this guy.

I have attached the pics of the chat logs, before his alt had a id and after which is now OneGameOneGamers (notice the s at the end) + what is probably his main account, hopefully it is enough evidence, I don't want to see someone get scammed by this scammer.​

Provide Evidence:
    I provided the evidence as screenshots below, hope that helps.​

Attached Files:

• p1.png
      p1.png
      File size:
      674.1 KB
      Views:
    • p2.png
      p2.png
      File size:
      677 KB
      Views:
    • p3.png
      p3.png
      File size:
      673.5 KB
      Views:
    • p4.png
      p4.png
      File size:
      676.6 KB
      Views:
    • p5.png
      p5.png
      File size:
      1.1 MB
      Views:
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @OzV Do NOT edit your screenshots - I'll need the ones of the chat unedited please.
    Read the link in my signature for whats acceptable evidence.
  3. OzV

OzV New User

Steam:
    Damn, I don't have the chat log anymore, so I can put it over my username and blank them out, since I closed the steam client and he removed me. I am still cool with sending you the unedited ones with my username but I don't want to do it publicly, so I want to know is they a way I can send you the unedited ones directly?

Sorry for the trouble & thanks.
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    post them here unedited
    read the link in my signature
  5. OzV

OzV New User

Steam:
    I read it. All my screenshots are of the entire desktop view. my only problem is I don't have the chat logs anymore since he removed me, I only have the ones where my steam account name is in plain view (not blocked out with the chat box), I would rather not disclose that publicly, hence why I suggested a way to send them directly to you.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You must provide them here to the report - open then up FULL screen and if you read that link you would know what to do.
    But I must have them here and unedited.
  7. OzV

OzV New User

Steam:
    Is this what you meant? Please let me know if this is ok and I'll do it for the rest of them.

Attached Files:

• p1.png
      p1.png
      File size:
      682.5 KB
      Views:
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.