1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198403257958 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Orange!, Oct 19, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Orange!

Orange! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:103569111
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561198403257958

Victim profile: 76561198167403950

What happened? Description:
    This person Jarrod, probably naming himself after the ghost inventory he's claiming to own, added me today saying he wished to do business with me for my knife. Jarrod then linked me to an inventory saying "you can also check my inventory so that i know what you want". Upon analyzing this inventory, it became apparent that the inventory did belong to a Jarrod. A Jarrod whose account is in no way connected to this man's account, and has been offline for 280 days at the time of writing. He claims it was a storage account, but upon asking him if he could perhaps log into it and change the description to prove that he is in fact capable of accessing it, he deletes and blocks me.​

Provide Evidence:
    Screenshots provided:
    1. Him linking me to a false inventory
    2. Me asking him to verify the authenticity of his claims
    3. Scammer's account
    4. Scammer's inventory
    5. Scammer's "Storage Account"
    6. "Storage Account" inventory
    7. "Storage Account" inventory View attachment 612052 View attachment 612053 View attachment 612054 View attachment 612052 View attachment 612053 View attachment 612054 View attachment 612055 View attachment 612056 View attachment 612057 View attachment 612058

Naijin: Sup
    Jarrod: hello
    Jarrod: how are you?
    Naijin: I'm good man, how about you?
    Jarrod: im good too
    Jarrod: are you up for a trade ?
    Naijin: What kinda trade?
    Jarrod: how about knife for knife trade
    Jarrod: you can also check my inventory so that i know what you want http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198332845471/inventory/
    Naijin: That's not your profile.
    Jarrod: its my storage account btw mate
    Naijin: You haven't touched that account for 280 days.
    Jarrod: you can also read my profile so that you can understand on it
    Jarrod: i did not open thet account in steam app
    Jarrod: im only using google chrome to send offers only
    Jarrod: if you have question you can read my profile ok?
    Naijin: Okay, so tell me how we're gonna trade this. You're gonna send me a trade offer, right?
    Jarrod: yea
    Jarrod: just send me your trade url so that i can send my offer
    Jarrod: ok?
    Naijin: And there's not gonna be a message about SteamPay?
    Jarrod: and tell me what you want so that i can decide for it
    Naijin: https://steamcommunity.com/tradeoffer/new/?partner=207138222&token=qWm0vIKE
    Naijin: Open to offers, nothing specific in mind
    Jarrod: ok sure
    Jarrod: sec
    Naijin: Just for the purpose of this trade, could you make your profile inventory public?
    Jarrod: i already have my storage account so that you can see all my csgo stuff
    Jarrod: right ?
    Naijin: No, I mean this account
    Naijin: Or just add me on that account so I know it's legit, either or.
    Jarrod: hopefully you understand me why i dont add people in my storage account so that i can secure all my stuff and items
    Naijin: Then maybe change your name for 2 seconds? Or add a profile description.
    Jarrod: coz im afraid now to lose again my stuff worths 5000$
    Naijin: I won't do business with you until you can confirm that you can log into that account, even if that's as simple as changing the profile bio
    Jarrod: its ok coz i have lots of traders here and your not only one its ok if you lose my offer
    Jarrod: thanks btw
    Jarrod: ja bless
    Naijin: Yeah, that's what I thought homie.
    Naijin: I mean, all you'd have to do is log into your account.. Which you obviously know the password to, because it's your account.. And just edit the bio. And then you have a knife, voila.
    Naijin: Can you do that?
    Naijin: If you're not willing to verify your authenticity, you're not gonna go far in trading.
    Naijin: I mean, the account isn't even friends with you bro. Just prove you're not a scammer and we have a deal.
    Jarrod is now Offline.

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.

Attached Files:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.