1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198426677715 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by animalinda, Oct 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. animalinda

animalinda New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:111774104
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] Steam Wallet fraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198426677715

Victim profile: 76561198183813937

What happened? Description:
    Unsolicited trade offer which coincided with suspicious discussion I was having with someone who added me less than 10 mins earlier. The offer was for multiple expensive items with nothing offered in return. It included the message SteamPAY™| User "օաɛ" has requested your item(s) for $426.98 USD. Your funds will be received after this trade offer is accepted.

I am friends with օաɛ https://steamcommunity.com/id/thomx17 and have notified them of this attempt impersonation or use of their info

The user who added me earlier was https://steamcommunity.com/id/tizzly/ who suggested to me that I run suspicious trades past them - they seemed friendly and legit. Less than 2 mins after this recommendation I got suspicious trade. While I was busy reporting that trade and user to steam the user tizzly (who I had nicknamed tradeholdcomments - seen in chat log) became suspicious to me, as they started spamming chat asking me what I was doing, where I had gone. I know this is a tactic of scammers intended to confuse and rush people.

My suspicions peaked when I shared the scam trader info, they attempted to convince me they were safe and legit. I have the chat log with tizzly (who is safe on steamrep) - the only thing that tizzly and WalletPay have in common is a group called Wonderland.TF Upon further inspection this group looks suspicious as well, like a data mining project or an attempt to make their scam org look legit by getting users to add their server name into the username to gain points.​

Provide Evidence:

[16:02]
    tradeholdcomments:
    sorry for stupid comments about you
    i didn't actually report you

[16:02]
    animalinda:
    lol
    all gud
    prob if I was a douche canoe I would have sweated it
    I hate scammers, impersonators, general jerk traders. Have encountered my fair share, I get it
    <3 ;)

[16:05]
    tradeholdcomments:
    why did you create that group anyways if you don't have trade holds.

[16:06]
    animalinda:
    to help people who can't trade with bots
    because majority of options are automated and need the authrnticator - I am old and not looking to profit - I just love the game and want to keep people involved

[16:09]
    tradeholdcomments:
    how did you get the unusuals anyway, out of curosity.

[16:10]
    animalinda:
    most I paid money for
    marketplace.tf
    some I traded my way into by buying keys off their as well

[16:11]
    tradeholdcomments:
    wanna trade?
    i have a private inventory oh well, that's not a big deal.
    jk, not really in a moods for trading
    but becareful on the internet
    anyone will try to scam your unusuals out
    infact, you look really new to trading,.

[16:12]
    animalinda:
    lol
    neither right now - being doing admin most of the day - about to jump into games
    thanks for the sassy comments, and the add

[16:12]
    tradeholdcomments:
    If someone adds you for trading, and it's serious, contact me first, and i'll examine their reputatio.
    Just making user's with unusual safe here.

[16:13]
    animalinda:
    no worries - I usually examine them on steam rep and check their friends list
    but incase I am concerned good to know I have an ally of sorts

tradeholdcomments:
    wdym

animalinda:
    :balloonicorn:

[16:14]
    tradeholdcomments:
    what does whaman?
    whatman you mean?

[16:14]
    animalinda:
    oh I watch too much pewdiepie
    I thought your acronym wdym was a 'well done young man'
    I am not man - whaman is how I hear woman in my head

[16:18]
    tradeholdcomments:
    whens heavy update coming out i wonder
    hey?
    YOU HERE?
    sorry caps

[16:20]
    animalinda:
    hi - sorry distracted by a douche canoe

[16:20]
    tradeholdcomments:
    hmm?
    whats going on
    whats going on?

[16:21]
    animalinda:
    Steam Community :: WalletPay
    Questions or Concerns | Steam Trading | Add Funds Here © Valve Corporation 2018.
    https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198426677715

[16:22]
    tradeholdcomments:
    what is it?
    your alt?

animalinda:
    send trade offer for all expensive items - offers nothing in return - unsolicited
    no they are scammer

tradeholdcomments:
    sorry if its a stupid question, what is douche canoe mean
    and whos that guy you listed?

[16:23]
    animalinda:
    oh douche canoe to me is someone full of s✿✿✿

tradeholdcomments:
    lmao
    in australium accent of speaking.

animalinda:
    and the link I sent is the person attemptting trade offer scam

tradeholdcomments:
    australian*
    what scam>
    what's going on over there for you?

[16:25]
    animalinda:
    just have a visitor

[16:25]
    tradeholdcomments:
    show me the chat-logs

[16:26]
    animalinda:
    no chat log - just unsolicited invite with this in offer 'SteamPAY™| User "օաɛ" has requested your item(s) for $426.98 USD. Your funds will be received after this trade offer is accepted'

[16:26]
    tradeholdcomments:
    show me the screenshot.
    hmm... steampay?
    not gonna lie, I did hear about "steampay" in the reddit /r/valves as a leak pretty much over a year ago.
    I haven't revisited the story for a while.
    hmm...
    show me the screenshot.
    I wanna examine into this further

[16:28]
    animalinda:
    https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd....518/EF44841E2D4F0486F3AAFEF0B04D23A36DBB1328/

[16:28]
    tradeholdcomments:
    no no
    backwards
    the notification part

[16:29]
    animalinda:
    unsolicited trade offer - I have public link

[16:30]
    tradeholdcomments:
    well the steampay, i dont know if i can find the reddit link anymore, plus i'm really tired its mid-night right now
    did they release it or something, i dont catch up on news nowadays.

animalinda:
    all good I have a visitor rock up - I gtg for a bit anyway

tradeholdcomments:
    alright
    tell me when you're back.
    you there?

[16:39]
    tradeholdcomments:
    but anyway
    are you back?
    you would get a "Away" tag unusally when you go lol.
    checked his SteamREP btw, he seems clean.

[16:41]
    animalinda:
    hai - sorta around but focussing elsewhere

tradeholdcomments:
    so I think it's kinda serious then.

animalinda:
    lol
    I reported

[16:42]
    tradeholdcomments:
    http://steamrep.com/search?q=https://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198426677715
    just saying.

animalinda:
    lol
    smell ya later

tradeholdcomments:
    ?
    overall, your choice, but this honestly does look serious.
    but i never got a official word from valve themselves saying that the steampay thing or walletpay or whatever you want to call it has been released yet.
    steam features that are on beta or alpha modes don't unusally release the news until it's actually fully out
    but idk.

[16:53]
    tradeholdcomments:
    Hey you there?

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    @animalinda Are you reporting an account that sent you the trade offer or the user you were chatting with?
    If it was the user you were chatting with do you have the early part of the chat?
  3. enemy jew inbound

enemy jew inbound Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:104019290
    This is Tizzly. One of my friend's linked me to this because I was mentioned and i'm being falsely accused of something I wasn't involved into, so I had to make a official response.

First off, for me, since i'm living in the PST, and you live in Australia, that means I was hella tired to talk to anyone at that time, because it was midnight for me, but I added you overall because I wanted to apologize for those stupid comments I made in one of your own-created Discussion posts.

Secondly, when you showed me some mysterious guy sending you a trade offer, I got kinda confused to myself and mixed since I was talking to other of my friends at that time when you were messaging me. It it kinda my fault and stupidity for telling you to accept it and starting to push you to do, but do keep in mind I did tell you "it's your choice.". But, you decided to block me and couldn't finish my sentence. I even tried sending one of my friend's to contact you about that issue, you have also ignored and blocked him, it's just showing you're ignorant about it aswell. Believe or not, I have not known about that steam wallet funds scam thingy until I read one of the articles about on "How to avoid scams" today, and like I said from the beginning, I was tired, but about the Reddit part I was mentioning, I wasn't joking about it, either I seen a leak of it, or new "scam" method post and how to avoid it, but it's been a year ago, so I don't know the url or title to it to this day. And the important thing I want you to know, i'm NOT associated with the person you're reporting right now, neither have ties to it.

Thirdly, that scammer and me being inside of Wonderland.tf group does not mean that I have ties to that random trade offer scammer, Wonderland.tf steam group is where people can join and play on WLN servers for TF2 and CS:GO. So the part "data mining project or an attempt to make their scam org look legit by getting users to add their server name" is completely false, in-fact, i'm even a member of WLN forums and their Steam Group since July 2018 and I can assure you they're not a "scam" organization as you are thinking as it is.

My quick message to animalinda, if you're going to report some random scammer that sent you a trade offer you have that right to report him and block him, but please don't mention me here and spit out some falsifed information about me, all I can say is that I don't have any ties to that random scammer account and I don't scam anyone, at all. That other part where I called it legit because I looked into that guy's steamrep, and honestly had a really well-made up bio and it did seem actually serious, but I have not fully awaken my mind until I realized that it was actually a scam.

Just a quick update, checking back on this report, and re-looking into the accused profile seems like the person you have reported "wallepay" or now known as "joking nibba" has received a Community Ban.

upload_2018-10-12_18-57-26.png
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 12, 2018
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.