1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198802257592 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by MasonatorRoblox, Feb 18, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MasonatorRoblox

MasonatorRoblox New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:224708151
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Quick-switch trade scam or attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198802257592

Victim profile: 76561198409682030

What happened? Description:
    I got a friend request out of nowhere from this guy, and I don't remember being in a game with him. Because I didn't remember whether or not he had been in one of my games, I just accepted it because i didn't want to just decline it. I went off to doing something else and almost immediately he sent me a message asking if I was busy. I said I was, and he responded with "take your time". I was pretty suspicious of him already, so I semi-jokingly said to him, "just get to the scam already". He seemed confused, and I was starting to regret saying that, so I explained that I hadn't (to my knowledge) met him before. He then asks if I got scammed before, and I replied with "almost", which he must have read as "yes sir". This is also around the point where I realized that his grammar was almost 'r/engrish'-esque. He (from what I can barely comprehend) started talking about how he got scammed before and got his items back really easily. He then told me he knew a 'steam official' who could 'get my stuff back' and was 'only asking for 1 item'. This is the point where I no longer had any doubt to this being a scam, and promptly expressed the fact that I knew he was scamming me. I couldn't really decipher what his last 2 messages were, but once I finished reporting his profile, I unfriended and blocked him.​

Provide Evidence:
    (Sorry, didn't realize I had to have a screenshot of the full chat window until I had already unfriended and blocked him, but hopefully this is enough. Also, no item exchange actually happened, I just wanted to have this put on his steamrep profile because 1. I don't want someone else to fall for it and 2. Steam probably isn't gonna do s✿✿✿.)
    View attachment 746096 View attachment 746097 View attachment 746098 View attachment 746099

Attached Files:

Flanos likes this.
  2. MasonatorRoblox

MasonatorRoblox New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:224708151
    Sorry, just realized I put Quick-switch as the report type instead of Other.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Full screenshots from now on..lucky I was able to get a few other things for now.
    I'll finish reviewing again shortly.

Attached Files:

• east.jpg
      east.jpg
      File size:
      106.3 KB
      Views:
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Your report was accepted and the accused was banned. Feel free to report a violation via their Steam profile.

In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.