1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198865825397 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TheEternalPaddy, Jan 5, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheEternalPaddy

TheEternalPaddy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:105115172
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198865825397

Victim profile: 76561198170496073

What happened? Description:
    Another account (who is on here for fraud and counteroffer scams) pretended to be someone I bought an unusual from and began to scam me and phished me through chat nearly immediately after I bought my unusual. I was not properly looking out for this scam as I have been off of steam for 3-4 years until a week or 2 ago and am only just starting to trade again so you could lay SOME blame on me. This doesn't make it any more right though. when I was phished an unusual I had payed 23 keys for (a blizzardy storm, australium painted deep cover operator) and 4 keys I had left over from the trade were transferred to this account with no items given to me (obviously), they have privated and changed their account (several times since I was scammed yesterday) since I tried to add them to confront them leading me to believe it is a main account for the scammer as he had many other keys and a couple of valuable items in TF2 (my unsual about 20-30 keys and various items worth between £2-16 or so) and CS:GO (a few knives of varying value and 1-5 or so weapon skins) despite seeming to have little to no playtime in either (from what I recall) when I checked before he went private.​

Provide Evidence:
    **Photos relating to the account's role in receiving/laundering scammed items**
    These are not cropped but appear that way as I took them using snipping tool to highlight the relevant information

scamtradehistory.png - This is my trade history that shows when I bought my unusual and when I was scammed soon after
    scamchat5.png - by the time I realised I had been scammed most of the original chat had been deleted but you can see him threatening to not give the unusual back unless I gave him the 4 keys in my inventory (which you can see were also traded to the same account as my unusual, linking the scam to the same person). This proves that he did take the unusual.
    scammersnewprofile2afteraskingforitemsback.png - This is the account I was phished by, he is known on here for fraud and scamming per his profile on the site. This is when I confronted the person from scamchat5.png about them stealing my items and putting them onto the account I am reporting, they change it to the profiles of known unusual traders and do this scam when the real person sells something as this is what was done to me. He made the trades from my account that ended up transferring to the account being reported.
    scamchat4.png - Here you can see him walking me through how to give his account the items under the pretense I was trading it to one of my friends so I could 'check the items information', I figured that since it was my friend it was OK but he changed the trade by the time I confirmed it in the mobile app to go through to the account I'm reporting as he had phished me earlier in the chat using a front site called skinscap.com to access my account as it masqueraded as an item checking site but through research after I was scammed I found it is known for being used for scamming.

If you need further information let me know and I can tell you, I could see if I have photos of it.​

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    For starters your evidence here proves nothing as for a scam related issue - the chat screenshot is cropped so bad its unacceptable.
    Lastly your talking about phishing which we do not review reports for.
    Sorry but report is rather invalid.
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Unfortunately, SteamRep does not accept reports dealing with hijacking/phishing/hacking -Due to current Investigative Policy
    http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/investigative-policy.140101/

This includes anything to do with API key requests, wrong or misspelled URL's and sites requesting logins of any type in attempts to steal your credentials.
    These are phishing/hijacking attempts and are not to be reported to SteamRep!

You can report the user to Valve instead
    In order to do that, you have to:
    1. Visit the accuseds profile
    2. Click MORE drop-down located at the top right of the page
    3. Choose REPORT VIOLATION
    4. Select the violation, then describe it and provide the evidence
    5. Click SUBMIT REPORT

Click here to view an animated gif that shows how to report a violation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.