1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561198880917766 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by FROST (S>44 UNUSUALS), Jan 10, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FROST (S>44 UNUSUALS)

FROST (S>44 UNUSUALS) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:50785529
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198880917766

Victim profile: 76561198061836787

What happened? Description:
    Sold this user $80 worth of keys via PayPal. Later that day a chargeback was initiated on his side claiming unauthorized use. Contacted the user but he would not respond. He would respond to mutual friends of mine but did not once respond to me for the next 3-4 days after chargeback was initiated.

Managed to get in touch with the owner of the PayPal account involved. He explained that he did not recognize the transaciton so it was disputed but he also mentioned that his boys had recently gotten into a game sounding similar to TF2 so he contacted PayPal and asked them to close the dispute.

I don't know if that was really the user's father or if it was him pretending to be someone else.
    But the dispute was cancelled and I got my money back. I still think they deserve to be reported for using someone elses paypal account without their approval and for not trying to resolve to issue with me after the transaction was disputed.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 10, 2021
  2. FROST (S>44 UNUSUALS)

Steam:
  3. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    You need to slow down when making reports here so you can ensure you get the information correct next time.
    Also getfriendmessage logs are not acceptable evidence here or anywhere so we won't be using that.
    I do believe you have the proper chat logs with raw steam chat screenshots which is good
    So you have had no contact with the accused other than that email since the event?
  4. FROST (S>44 UNUSUALS)

Steam:
    Yeah, sorry about that. Our agreement was that he would send me $80 via PayPal for 40 TF2 Keys.
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I had revised that before you replied - but was wanting to know if you've had any other contact with the user since the 7th either steam or email.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Lastly if the dispute was closed - did you still retain your funds?
    Ehh nevermind - I see that it was.
    Since the situation was resolved and you were paid after the end result I'll only issue a Caution tag at this time.
    Its hard to say the entire situation on the users end and if the transaction was authorized and there was some family dispute happening.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.