1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561198953276797 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by TheRiceMan, Dec 22, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheRiceMan

TheRiceMan New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:523304613
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198953276797

Victim profile: 76561199006874955

What happened? Description:
    I got scammed by a steam user claiming that I was markt on steam as a scammer and had fraudulent items in my inventory. I got confused and asked for more details. He sent me a fake screenshot of my steam profile where I was markt as a scammer and it said I had fraudulent items on steam. I am new to steam so ask what to do, he said that i should speak to steam admin and get my account fixed. He got a steam ‘’admin’’ to chat with me and discuss the issue. I explained that I apparently have fraudulent items in my inventory. The steam ‘’admin’’ said that this is a serious issue and I need suspicious items to ‘’scanned’’. He sent me a trade offer with my most expensive items including my brand new australium scattergun that I got for my first ever MVM tour. He promised that the items would be returned after the scan. I was dum so I accepted the offer and he was going to scan my items for any traces that they were used in a scam. During the scanning process he claimed that there was an error that prevented the program from completing the scan. He claimed that he needed more data to complete the process so he requested me to buy 50-65 keys from any third party sites. I asked if there was any way to complete the process without money involved. He said that I could buy a 50$ dollar steam gift card and that I would be given a refund after words. I said no and asked for my items back and said I would be given the items back after the process was over. I said no and asked for my items back and he said the items back after the process was over.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Reported the wrong user for starters- you should have reported the FIRST user you were involved with not this one.
    Lastly the issue appears typical from a hijacking as in the main account to be reported was hijacked.
    Report this to Valve and let them handle it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.