1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Archived Report: 76561198964258638 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by _charlie, Jan 5, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. _charlie

_charlie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:80797293
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Item Fraud] Misrepresenting virtual items
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561198964258638

Victim profile: 76561198121860314

What happened? Description:
    I posted a sell listing for a Strange Australium Black Box on backpack.tf asking for 16 Keys and 30 Refined Metal or overpay in items. Luke the Duke then sent me a trade offer on Steam claiming they were paying in "HUGE OVERPAY" and a link to the backpack.tf listings for Strange Festive Medi Guns in order prove that it was overpay. The trade offer, however, contained a Strange Festivized Medigun, which is far less valuable than the Strange Festive Medigun. Upon noticing the discrepancy, I declined the offer and blocked the user.​

Provide Evidence:
    View attachment 804376
    The initial trade offer. No communication was done through backpack.tf.
    View attachment 804377
    The trade offer I received containing the link to Strange Festive Medi Gun listing on backpack.tf. Scammer's profile is highlighted.
    View attachment 804378
    The same screen but with the item highlighted to show it is Festivized rather than Festive.
    View attachment 804379
    A picture of a legitimate Festive Medi Gun. Note that the fake was originally called "Medi Gun" instead of "Strange Festive Medi Gun" and it contains the "Festivized" tag which the Festive Medi Gun Lacks
    View attachment 804380
    The scammers Steam profile and URL. View attachment 804376 View attachment 804377 View attachment 804378 View attachment 804379 View attachment 804380

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Please provide full screenshot of that trade offer opened thru a web browser, hover mouse pointer over users name so it shows up their steam ID at the bottom.

I also noticed you gave the user bad feedback on backpack...did you report it there as well or just here? If there also which location was sent the report first?
  3. _charlie

_charlie New User

Steam:
    Here is the requested screenshot. I did also report the user on backpack.tf first, but I just received a notification from a backpack.tf admin that the report had been removed due to an error on my part in submitting the report. The admin did say I could submit a new one with the error fixed though, and I plan on doing so once I finish sending this message. Please let me know if you need anything else from me.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2023
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Ok you can only report at one location - since they are a partner community. So its either here or there...choose now if here do not resubmit another there.
  5. _charlie

_charlie New User

Steam:
    I already resubmitted on backpack.tf, so I assume its more convenient to continue there there. Thank you for the help though. At least I now know what to do better next time I have a situation like this.
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Archiving - this user wasn't found guilty of any wrong doing thru this report per policy
    Please remember to only create one report in one location at a time for same situation.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.