1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Report: 76561199016839944 - ([TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Starfish, Aug 24, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Starfish

Starfish New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47116438
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Rep Fraud] Impersonation with intent to defraud
    Virtual item type involved: [TF2] Team Fortress 2 Items

Accused profile: 76561199016839944

Victim profile: 76561198054498605

What happened? Description:
    I posted on Wayne's profile asking to buy a shotgun he has listed on Marketplace.tf, within a few minutes I received a friend request from who I assumed was him, but it turned out to be someone else. Thankfully no transaction happened between me and this person. I haven't played the game in a while so it took me a few minutes to catch on and realise that an impersonater added me.​

Provide Evidence:
    The screenshots are attached because double monitor, anyway, the left screenshot is the original message I left on the real persons profile, the right side is the profile and chat with the impersonator. View attachment 765917

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    What was the link/site that the user gave you there in the chat logs? I can't tell.
  3. Starfish

Starfish New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:47116438
    Ah I deleted him before it got that far, I never received a link.
  4. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Based on prior history/report the user has been issuing phishing links and could be hijacked.
    The image given by the user is identical to that of what they were given so I'm leaning towards the side of phishing attempt like the others.
    Report them to Valve instead regardless of what names/users they may be impersonating.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.