1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

Declined Report: 76561199183114251 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by lightvolcano888, Jun 14, 2024.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lightvolcano888

lightvolcano888 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:580606946
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Other] Any other fraudulent behavior
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561199183114251

Victim profile: 76561199121479620

What happened? Description:
    I wanted a bowie knife around the cost of $160 so I put up a discussion in the official steam discussion page. He reached out to me on steam and we discussed the trade. We decided that I would trade a field-tested asiimov AWP in return for a battle-scarred case hardened bowie knife. I waited a week for the trade hold to expire for the trade. In the meantime, he unfriended me so I re-friended him to go through with the trade. He thought that I said I didn't want to go through with the trade, which wasn't mentioned at all, but he offered to resume the trade. He told me he would trade with me over a site called bitskins and to make an account. I did so but i wanted to trade in steam and he said that the trade would take place on steam with a bot from bitskins. He told me that I needed to find the reference price of the AWP, which i couldn't find, so he added me on discord (for anyone wondering his discord username is Goodman#0245). From there he said to send him the AWP through steam to find the reference price so he could calculate if I owed him more skins for the trade. I pressured him to see if he was trustworthy and he said he was "101%" truthful. I continued to pressure him, as I am an inexperienced trader and I wanted clarification that I wasn't being scammed. He pressured me in return by saying that he had to go soon and that he didn't need to go through with the trade. It all came to a point where he really pressured me and he said, in his words "do you think i will steal your AWP for only $160 to get banned my whole inventory?" (his grammar wasn't the best but those were his exact words) I thought he had a point so a decided to trust him, turns out he was lying. I didn't have anyone else interested in a $160 AWP and I already waited a week for the trade so I decided to fold and do the trade. My final question was when and how i would receive the bowie but he caused a sense of urgency and in the heat of the moment I accepted the trade. Looking back on it, it was a stupid idea but he took advantage of me. He then 'checked the reference price on his end' and decided that the AWP wasn't enough for the bowie, which was a fair point since the bowie was more than the AWP. So he requested that I gave him my slate ak and duality AWP, which totaled to around $20. After I gave him the skins, he said that the knife was already sold and that he bought a new one and to wait a few minutes, then he blocked me on steam and discord. In the end, when I checked to see his profile, he had my AWP asiimov shown right on his profile followed by a few others. This shows that he set up the steam listing beforehand and covered his tracks to scam me and still look reliable. I hop that he's brought to justice and that he is punished for being scamming me and most likely others as well, thank you for listening have a nice day!​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Sorry we do not review any evidence thru discord which you clearly went to for discussing the agreement.
    You were noted the below link prior to clicking the submit a report button but must have over looked it - please do not do so in the future.
    Please do not submit reports here without proper evidence.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/report-submission-fundamentals.169802/
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/
    Nothing provided/showing suggests this user was or is guilty of any wrong doing per policy

Declined.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.