1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Accepted Report: 76561197960630662 - ([CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items)

Discussion in 'Archived Reports' started by Syl, Apr 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Syl

Syl New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:105819103
    Scam Report

Report Type: [Money] PayPal scam or scam attempt
    Virtual item type involved: [CSGO] Counter-Strike: Global Offensive Items

Accused profile: 76561197960630662

Victim profile: 76561198171903934

What happened? Description:
    Offered me a trade or sell for my Huntsman knife after meeting in a game. Since he had cs rep, i went first. He then removed me from steam and did not send funds as agreed on.​

Provide Evidence:

Attached Files:

2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    I need to see the formal agreement on steam chat. Do you have that?
  3. Syl

Syl New User

Steam:
    What part of the formal agreement is not there? We agreed on $90 in the chat, and the trade message has paypal in the description
  4. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    I don't see an email address/info given.
  5. Syl

Syl New User

Steam:

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 2, 2019
  6. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
  7. Syl

Syl New User

Steam:
    That is the same discord user, you can verify that in the chat logs. That is how I sent my payment link
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    You say this but we can't verify that to the steam chat which is why we only review steam chat. I need to see the full agreement thru steam chat - since you discussed things thru discord for all we know you altered the deal.
    Understand what I'm saying here? This is a written policy for evidence we need to review a report.
    I'm afraid unless you can supply that or have it I can't proceed..you will just have to report the user to Valve instead.
    Please advise so I can finalize the report.
  9. Syl

Syl New User

Steam:
    I don't see why this is relevant, as discord was only used to communicate the paypal link. Steam chat has the agreed on price and item. You've seen that I sent it through the picture of the trade that has a description "Paypal transaction". Literally what else is there to need?

If you think that there's something else you need, go ahead and close, let others get scammed. Still willing to show my paypal history, maybe he will too so we can confirm that nothing was ever traded in return.
  10. Syl

Syl New User

Steam:
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    It is relevant since you are reporting a STEAM user - not a discord user. Same reason why we wouldn't review evidence discussed thru Facebook messenger or skype.. etc..
    Lets see what else you can get me... had you not said "Paypal Transfer" in the trade offer message I would have not been able to go this far.
    Also other reports are completely different from this one - no need to reference them like that.

Please provide a full screen shot of your Trade Inventory History (thru a computer not mobile) showing for sure the trade in question(NOT TRADE OFFER!!)- open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload. Also need a screen shot of your Paypal ACTIVITY (not Summary) for several days beginning with the date before this trade.. full screen DO NOT edit this shot in anyway. Upload HEREā€¦NOT imgur, NOT gyazo or any other 3rd party hosting site!

Review this screenshot guide to help you:

https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/screenshot-guide-requirements.157969/

Please provide a full screen shot of that trade offer again thru a PC - open this with a web browser, move your mouse over the users name in question so it shows up the hypertext popup URL at the bottom of the screen - take the screen shot DO NOT edit it in anyway and upload.

This should give me 3 FULL SCREENSHOTS.
  12. Syl

Syl New User

Steam:
    Thank you for continuing to work with me after I lost my temper. Attached are what you requested.

Attached Files:

13. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    First and last are not full screen...appears the bar at the bottom is getting cut off.
    Just upload also - don't embed images
  14. Syl

Syl New User

Steam:
    First and last are full screen, I have taskbar hidden. The little strip is the top pixels of the taskbar. Do you want them with taskbar enabled?
  15. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Yes that is full screen..match the paypal
  16. Pocket4978

Pocket4978 Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:182467
    The trade was altered thru discord
  17. Pocket4978

Steam:
    there was no formal steam agreement for the item
  18. Syl

Syl New User

Steam:
    Was not altered in discord

Attached Files:

19. Pocket4978

Steam:
    I meant throught voice chat on discord, where syl do you see a greed formal steam agreement?
  20. Pocket4978

Steam:
    asa you can see there is no formal agreement ever made here, on top of that he was the one who sent the offer with paypal in the name that i never agreed on
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.