1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

SCAMMER PWNED

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Dronefly, Apr 13, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    In marketing and in every day media you are thrown titles that ate meant to provoke emotional interest. It is how you get peoples attention. I am not going to respond to the rest of your comments as I have already discussed them here. Perhaps you should read the fill thread before making conclusive accusations of me.

I WANT to get people's attention. I want them to be interested in this topic and YES a shitstorm is the only way enough decision makers in the community can get together and debate over this topic. The purpose of my actins is to bring more proactive policies into place as these passive ones that the companies that stand to inherit financial gain from this have been in place long ago and are long obsolete. Passiveness is what led the keen into the cauldrons of the second world war and into the near brink of extinction. Being Jewish in descent I learned that passiveness throughout our history has only led to bad things. I dont want to start a religious debate, inam simply drawing from my own experiences and teachings in life.
  2. Dronefly

Steam:
    Your repetitive summarized conclusions paint you to be an ignorant naive person. I was hoping you would be smarter and more subjective in your posts. But not all of us have a way with words so I will forgive your SECOND ignorant unconstructive post here because your clause clearly states that our language of choice here is not your stong one. I may be passionate when I relate my thoughts but I am always open to debate anything you may find wrong in my actions.
  3. Dronefly

Steam:
    Atom. I have come here to begin with because I thought your community here did a great job. My biggest summarized argument here (which I HATE summarizing such a complex topic) is that the passive approach we have taken until now has failed and is getting squashed by the scammers. Mire proactive actions are needed. I wished there was a more "senior" person involved when I took my actions. I tried contacting 2 that I've spoken to in the past and was comfortable trusting. Neither was on and I took matters into my own hands. I tried very hard to stay within the rules that made this community honest. I don't care what people's opinions of menare as long as action is taken. I said it clearly before, I want change not forgiveness. I dont resent my actions or beliefs. My appeal is clearly stated in my last post on the appeal. Please have the courtesy to read it before questioning my reason for appeal
  4. Dronefly

Steam:
    Sorry for the spelling mistakes. I on my iPhone today ad it has the greatest auto correct feature in the world <sarcasm>
  5. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    I am a dumbass and I don't care. You're clearly stubborn with your thoughts which is fair enough, it's a shame your thoughts aren't in line with the way of thinking the community requires to be safe. Intentions aren't the problem. You scammed a guy for whatever reason. You deserve to be banned. There's no further debate on that. If I were you, I'd be grateful for any mercy or restraint that SR have shown you and run before they change their minds.

Also, wall of texts and triple posting is REALLY F***ING ANNOYING.
  6. Dronefly

Steam:
    You know. I was being nice to you but at this point I feel sorry for the UTC community for allowing you to have power and ask that you no longer communicate with me. I have nothing of importance to say to you. You don't read what is written to you or the topic of conversation so good day sir.
  7. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    ha. gl.
  8. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    Please stop your fighting. Dronefly, bottom line is that your intentions were good, but you didn't do the right thing.

Your appeal was denied by SR anyhow, I don't think there's much you can do now.
  9. JJJJ

JJJJ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31380005
    I don't know why you made this public. You could have done what you did, helped the guy who got scammed, and then just faded away.
    You obviously wanted some kind of recognition out of the situation, which is why you posted on Steamrep.

Do you see Batman tweeting about every criminal he stops?

Pretend I was a new trader who felt inspired by your actions. Now pretend I try to stop a scammer, just as you did. But let's also pretend that I don't know what I'm doing, and an innocent trader gets hurt. I had the right intentions, but I just unintentionally hurt a civilian trader.
  10. rottencat

rottencat New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:255563
    Raoul Wallenberg and Oskar Schindler would be banned here.
    Their intentions were good but they broke the law.

nuff said.
  11. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    Completely irrelevant, and not the same topic at all.
  12. Dronefly

Steam:
    Have you READ the thread? I CLEARLY covered this in the last 5 pages of discussion. Learn to read the full conversation before posting your opinion please.
  13. Dronefly

Steam:
    My point exactly. They did some VERY illegal and clearly stated illegal things. Welcome to the next reicht. Enough said.
  14. Dronefly

Steam:
    why is it not the same topic? It seems that my vigilane move is being compared to someone who used vigilante methods to get "revenge" for something that was stolen so since you guys here see it ok to generalize the entire category, I see no reason for using your same generalization to discuss the banning of Raoul Wallenberg and Oskar Schindler. Lets not forget all the underground railroad operators 100 years ago. They all should be taken out to a field and hung.
  15. Dronefly

Steam:
    I am still curious why you decided that my second part of the appeal is to be denied. If someone who files a charge later accepts the withdrawl of that charge, is the person who was charged branded guilty for the rest of their lives? Is there any other charge against this so called scammer I have been dealing with? I got permission from the person who actually placed the charge to proceed with my trading since they were willing to forgive the perpetrator and let them go on their way once they got their stolen items. You talk about following laws and keeping things fair and proper yet no one ever bothered discussing the second part of my appeal.

Also, I did not ask to get my tag removed for vigilantism, I am not ashamed of it and I want it to stay and be a warning to scammers that I and hopefully other traders who don't get frightened by "caution" or "red tags" learn to take proactive approach to fighting back. You worry about vigilanties, when in reality you should worry WHY we decided to go past your rules after following them for so long. That is the real question here. Not if we did it, but WHY we did it. For that, I simply asked that this topic be allowed to be discussed in open forum and that the admins discuss a more proactive approach to scammers as opposed to the passive stance you seem to want to take on the matter. Instead I am feeling that I am being brushed under the rug as soon as you finally had the courage to announce a decision on this heated topic. No one is touching the issue at hand and why I came forth with this post to begin with!
  16. Pintend

Pintend New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:18565370
    This guy is still trying to argue his point?

I stopped taking you seriously a page ago.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  17. Dronefly

Steam:
    'thanks for letting everyone know. Any words of wisdom to add? Or would you like to also share your personal thoughts on your last bowel movement. Seems just as interesting as your comment above.
  18. Pintend

Pintend New User

Steam:
    Yes, at least I havent made myself look like quite a dumbass for trying to prove a point over scamming someone.

You seem to be in a situation where one half of your brain went ahead and did what you call 'revenge', now your other half of your brain is still trying to make sense of what you have done, therefore you cannot accept that.

So you come on here and justify your actions by saying steamrep is a failed system and you will tell everybody you know to fight back from scammers instead of doing the honorable thing and let people like these guys at steamrep do their job.

I will admit myself im quite new to the whole tf2 trading, but from what I have learnt is not to listen to you.

No matter which way you put it, in the end you still scammed someone, accept that instead of giving us WALL OF TEXT time and time again.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.
  19. Dronefly

Steam:
    I SCAMMED SOMEONE! I AM SAYING IT LOUD AND PROUD! I SCAMMED SOMEONE.

Does that make you feel better? Will you finally get over your stubborn point you have been trying to prove since page 1? Now why don't you read the rest of the posts and the conversations and get caught up to what this topic is about. If you have no interest in it then go ahead and go on your way. I bid you luck and hopefully after being scammed a few times you can come back here and we can talk about the REAL topic here.
  20. Pintend

Pintend New User

Steam:
    Actually yes I have been the victim of many scams, three to be exact when I was still a big newb at trading.

And yes I do feel better now take your soviet style propaganda elsewhere, most of this community dont want to listen to it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.