1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Scammers are looking for kids with chistmas money to scam.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by riya, Dec 28, 2017.

1. riya

riya New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:113575880
    Yesterday i encountered a video on youtube, where a little kid (12 year old) gets scammed for 100$ and is harassed by the scammer (17-20year old). The victim was in deep sorrow and was crying, he was asking the old guy to give his stuff back, but the scammer kept abusing him.

I felt sorry about this, i think we need to spread awareness among new steam users. I have read the guide which steam rep has, and its quite good. But there are lot of new steam users are unaware of steam rep itself (most of my steam friends i asked). So i think there should be campaigns in such festival seasons, targeted toward the new users of steam to spread awareness of good practices as well as steamrep.com .
    Pls suggest on this if you have good ideas.
  2. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    This is, unfortunately, par for the course with scammers. Sometimes scammers will add victims they successfully steal from to a list of vulnerable targets, and continue watching and stealing from them with other accounts, or offering to "return" their items as a pretext for a follow-up scam. That's why I tell victims to try and cut their losses and simply block & remove instead of keeping the scammer added in hopes they'll one day get their stuff back.