1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Sharking Tag?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by JJJJ, Apr 7, 2012.

1. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    SR is delegating sharking investigation to Mann CO and AceFortress and reserves the right to handle itself in the future, this is a major policy change in my view and a very positive one.

This should spell a clear warning to the blatant sharks out there, they cannot act with impunity any longer.

Props to SR for taking a stronger stance on sharks in this community, perhaps now those who have moaned about SR not caring about sharks will no longer be able to do so.
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

yeah, just shame that sharking isn't really a good "measurable" issue. All those issues around it are making it near impossible, and aren't going away.
  3. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    The issue itself is inherently difficult true, yet SR having an "opt-in" policy, whereby it can act at its discretion and as it is doing using the community to help, will at a bare minimum signal to the major serial sharking offenders that they can no longer act with impunity.

I highly doubt SR or anyone will, in the short term, do anything more than put the major offenders on notice, however where once the sharks used to say "we can do wtf we want", now they will be very much concerned that someone with real "teeth" is out there watching and their actions may very well result in a tag (as is fitting and proper).

Again, I thank those in SR for making this change in policy, and even though it won't stop all the sharks, it most certainly be a clear warning to those who until now have considered themselves beyond any form of redress that their action can lead to serious consequences.

PROPS TO SR STAFF.