1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

So I heard....

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Ryahn, May 30, 2013.

1. Ryahn

Ryahn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30127259
    I was talking to some staff a site that I thought SteamRep would be very beneficial. Once I stated what I was thinking and how SteamRep would help them. Some of the users in the chat stated that most of the information that is used to so call convict them of being a scammer, can be false but the user still gets it. Which before I event mentioned this, I searched around SR for information to back it. From everything I did find, it seems to be hard to submit a fake report or something of the sorts. Is there some sort of back story to why so many believe SteamRep has false information on users?

If this seems to be out of line, then it can be deleted. But I thought I ask.
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

if we find somebody marked on false evidence, we remove the mark. We have the appeal process for if one is marked, and the accused may reply to counter on a report when its still open. If you're not guilty, you've got nothing to worry about. We only will mark if guilty of scamming. If we would mark for non-scamming reasons, all our connected Associate and Affiliate communities would walk away. We have therefore a open policy that any associate and affiliate admin may ask us on any info on any ban, under confidentiality, and the same goes to those comm's for markable offenses that we tagged for them.

However, we did notice that often alts of scammers and other such guilty parties are the strongest "advocates" on us marking for no evidence. The story comes up every couple months, a long thread ensues, which we allow, for we're not scared for such questions. The last time it was a alt account of Og starting such a thread, it's somewhere in this subforum.
    Mattie! likes this.
  3. HelenAngel

HelenAngel Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8627755
    Yes, because scammers are liars. The scammers go around saying bad things about SR so that people won't check it and then they can steal from more people.
  4. |LZ| Jigsaw ♥

|LZ| Jigsaw ♥ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23267040
    Why should steamrep take false information? Scammers are scammers, it will not change. Steamrep also does give people a scammer tag if there is enough proof for it!

I do also think steamrep already has enough work to do with marking scammers, because there are too many scammers! So mistakes are possible, it's the human nature!