1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Trade with a marked scammer

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by CatWithAheadset, Nov 23, 2017.

1. CatWithAheadset

CatWithAheadset New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102866475
    So I am bout to trade with this guy who is marked as scammer on SR, but he isn't really a scammer tho, I talked to him and that he didnt acutally scam, just a thing happened and it looked like a scam.

So I have a question: Can I trade with this guy without getting banned myself?
    I've seen the thread were trading with scammers is safe, but I aint really sure tho.

Thx :3
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Scammers lie...that is how they scam others - with lies.
    Trading with the user will not get you banned here without certain other things happening like fencing the stolen goods but just a random trade will not.
    I suggest you take my first line of text and think a little prior to though.
    Lava likes this.
  3. CatWithAheadset

CatWithAheadset New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:102866475
    Ok thx :3 But this guy sended me a trade offer so scamming aint a problem but thx again!
  4. Teeny Tiny Cat

Teeny Tiny Cat SteamRep Admin Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46722104
    Just to be clear, you may not get marked on steamrep but you do risk a ban on tf2outpost.com and backpack.tf and other such trading sites if you trade with scammers.