1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

trading screen text scam

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Christley, Aug 2, 2012.

1. Christley

Christley New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:14314796
    so today i had a dude add me and seemed in a huge hurry trying to swap my #7000 itsy bitsy for a craft #99 mark of the saints. i didnt see the number so i asked atleast 3 times for his tfop profile. he didnt say he had one. so i told him to wait while i was checking his backpack for the item. which was #7361 or something.
    he was in a huge rush. and wanted me to accept several times without being able to check him.
    well, every text happened in the trade screen. and for some reason steam takes away the screen of text when someone cancels the trade. and im wondering if it was possible to get the text from the tradescreen or seeing it after someone has canceled it.
  2. Champelliot

Champelliot New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36236835
    No, it's impossible to retrieve the text after the trade has been cancelled. When people insist on using the trade window, I use Fraps to screenshot the trade every 5 lines of text or so.
    Eoj Nawoh and SilentReaper(SR) like this.
  3. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Well impossible for us mere mortals, For Steam/Valve however it is another story, text messages in trade are fully logged (not that it helps us at all of course normally).
  4. Eoj Nawoh

Eoj Nawoh Retired Staff Partner Community

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:40091868
    Best bet, screenshot or record as often as possible. Can't get them any other way.