1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Uneasy situation with a certain trade and extra item.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Fritz_, Jan 12, 2013.

1. Fritz_

Fritz_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:52429071
    So, today I was selling Tour Of Duty tickets. One person was short of 1 scrap value [TOD ticket was sold for 1.44, he had 1.33] , so I offered him to give me 2 random weapons instead of a scrap to make successful trade.

I didn't watch the items carefully and only after the trade I realized that he has gave me an item worth 1.66 instead of one random weapon. He left the server.

I looked him up to return the item, yet he pretty much ignored that and left the second server.

Can this even be considered to be a scam if the person doesn't even wish the item returned to him? And if he reports me for a scam [despite me trying to return the item and him ignoring it], what must I do then?
  2. Fritz_

Fritz_ New User

Steam:
    It is not a big deal, but it still bugs me.
  3. a tasty serving of

a tasty serving of New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:16282053
    Well seems you tried to return it. Based on my understanding, Id say you wouldn't get in trouble unless you lied to him about the value of the item. It is his responsibility to be careful with what he adds and its value. If he refuses to re-add you and you didnt mislead about the value your ok. Highly doubtful he'd report you. If he did from the sound of things you'd be ok. These admins are very good at finding the right what really happened.
  4. Fritz_

Fritz_ New User

Steam:
    Well
    The thing is, he clicked to be Ready first, apparently without checking the item. I didn't check carefully this time either. He knew my price and exact value of the item.

When I realized that he has mixed up that item, I looked him up and joined the server he played in and tried three times to return the item to him, yet he kept ignoring. It was the same guy without a doubt.

Minor thing, but still, I wouldn't like to have a scammer tag just because the guy can't do as much as to accept the returning of the item especially if I spent time looking him up.

Thanks for the reply!
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

not scammer tag worthy anyhow.
  6. Fritz_

Fritz_ New User

Steam:
    Well, that's true. The item in comparison to Unusuals is pretty worthless. Still, I've seen people getting reported for various reasons, even for items of similar worth.

However, thanks for help!
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

ehm that comment of me wasn't about the worth of the item. The issue isn't worth a scammer tag no matter what. You behaved a good trader, he made a mistake. There was nowhere intent to scam or defraud.
    Fritz_ likes this.
  8. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    I applaud you Sir!

Someone gives you MORE than you want, and you TRIED to give it BACK!

* kneels in the face of honesty, may the TF2 Gods smile on your path *