1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Using Artwork to fake an inventory.

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by a Gentleman, Jun 10, 2015.

1. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
  2. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    This is the first I've seen it. I think it's not commonly used because it looks so cheap. Wrong size, any scrolling and you're screwed. It basically targets users with tiny screens. We only missed it at first glance (of the reporter's screenshots) because he was in russian, and taking photos of his screen.
    a Gentleman likes this.
  3. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Never seen that particular trick before, but overall it's in the ballpark of what we usually see from middleman impersonators. Biggest red flag on that account is the number of games.
    a Gentleman likes this.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    Just marked him for impersonation. Looking over the report though... that's kind of messy. If you're going to help out in reports, please try to keep to the following rules, especially as non-staff:
    • Do not pass judgement on the case (e.g. "That's not the real BBG" or "I think {verdict/opinion on report/appeal}").
    • Do not request to share screen, or similarly invasive practices. SteamRep admins will not even do that (with maybe rare exceptions).
    • In cases of impersonation, we have a very specific way of asking for more information, to establish a certain degree of evidence which is still lacking in the report. If you see something like this, it's best to simply report the post and let a staff member address it, in case it's serious.
    Roudydogg1 and a Gentleman like this.
  5. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    Thanks for your patience, and noted.
  6. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    I have seen this and similar a lot here lately. Personally, I say that the number of games owned should always be checked first as most impersonators do not invest much money into the games.
    Roudydogg1 and a Gentleman like this.