1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Valve is banning for being friends with users on their hit list.

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by ForteSP, Mar 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:32783182
    After sending in multiple tickets to support... Jesse from steam support has finally responded to me with a chance to be unbanned. It appears that because I am friends with Quarian and Happy Parazit's alt account Helly, they found it reasonable to ban me. Looking at many others who had similar bans to me this seems to be the case as well.

As a requirement for being unbanned, Jesse has asked me to explain my contacts and relationship between this users. Valve is now banning users for talking to and being friends with people involved in support duping.

http://puu.sh/2kqxC/6dc3c84806

I'd suggest picking who you talk to only a daily basis, carefully, because valve is reading who we chat with, as it appears.
  2. JJJJ

JJJJ Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31380005
    Valve doesn't trade-lock indiscriminately, you've obviously done something to give them a reason to suspect you.

Maybe don't trade high value items with scammers?
  3. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:23306550
    Forte, where does it say that was the reason to why you got banned ? :eek:

Dont get me wrong it is weird they ask about your relations with other players hell i got a few that is very private i dont want them to ask about :p but it is in thier right if they suspect those other players for fraud/carding aswell sadly.

Just saying ^^
  4. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:

But I haven't done any trades with these users. That is why I feel it's safe to assume what I have. Additionally, I have had a few friends who have received similar responses from support about their account locks, friends who never traded with these users as well.

Again it's an account lock not a trade ban, they give these out usually as investigatory bans, from my understanding.

If they felt I was guilty they would have fully trade banned me so it's visible on my profile and not asked me these questions.

Correct. It is very odd they would be asking me about my friends.
  5. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    Answer as honestly as you can to clear your name. ultimately if you are just a "clan mate" or a "social community friend" then state so. otherwise why get up in arms about it instead of cooperating in clarifying this matter?
  6. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Of course I did. The point was to let people know that valve is giving preemptive bans on friends of these people.
  7. Dronefly

Dronefly Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41413966
    sorry it sounded like you were making a "big brother is using his power to extort me for info" crying type of scenario. I guess you meant is more as an "informative to the community" type of scenario.
    ForteSP likes this.
  8. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Yes sir!
  9. AK87

AK87 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:12224129
    well would like to say forte on the TG chat were somewhat explaining what he did and was really proud of it, i got images of the chat sent in a steam support ticket, showing the chatlog of how forte was telling people about trading with hijackers for items that would later be dupe, i cant really remember in details the whole chat but if needed i can upload the screen shots here :)
  10. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    well if you have screens feel free to upload them or send them to a SR admin as i am sure they would like to see that.
  11. AK87

AK87 New User

Steam:
    sure zyddie do u know a host that would allow permantly upload?
    like i think tinypic has an exparation date :\
  12. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    If i where you i would try and add one of the SR Admins to friendlist BlueDemon/JJJJ are two very friendly and very nice guys, add them and take a chat and email them to them, they will know what to do about it =)

Otherwise you can press upload a file here on the site and upload automaticly to SR´s Database
  13. AK87

AK87 New User

Steam:
    well since forte had me blocked i really couldnt ask him the question that would reveal more, but i think the chats shows his intent and that, making friends with "hijackers" alts and conduct the duping of item that way.

and thanks zyddie this is actually my first time on steamrep literally just made my account ill upload the images via the "upload file"
    this might look image spam and i do apologize for that but i also uploaded a screenshot of me reporting this to steam and they replied that they would take action, and i wouldnt be notified about this further. something like that.

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png support ticket image.png
    D2Girls and Oz' dak1ne like this.
  14. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    Ouch, nice job tho :eek: cant wait for a SR Admin to take a look at this.
  15. AK87

AK87 New User

Steam:
    this was a while ago but he did write more than that some days before it happened i think it was the saturday, where he was saying steam support bla bla were going to unban him on monday but he didnt show only the day after where he started writing all this.. (probably also the reason why he blocked me to avoid me mentioning it ) funny though its now 2 weeks ago he said he would unbanned :p (Almost)

but what i was trying to get at was that he was telling people about what he did more detailed cant really remember.. for sure but i know he did i might be able to get a chatlog that was stored by the admins if needed, cant promise it but i would certainly try to get it for you :)

cyrax
    ajsultan
    i know they log chat so if u wanna ask them urself u can otherwise i can just ask them :)
  16. Zyddie

Zyddie New User

Steam:
    I am not SR Admin, i am just well living on the forums more or less =) But trust me the admins will double check all of it and take the correct action =)
  17. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    Nice try. I am unbanned now since I didn't actually do anything wrong.
  18. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    nonetheless. Go to the report section, I beg you to take this to the report section.
  19. AK87

AK87 New User

Steam:
    not gonna be bothered with it, i only wanted to show the steamrep what u wrote urself, which clearly showed bad intent because u delibrately traded with hijackers / dupers whatever they call themselves by adding their alts account so u cant act like u didnt know what u were doing or that u were innocent u made a lot of profit doing this.

so in all you wrote this in the screenshots i didnt, wether u be marked or not is none of my concern thats something the SR admins has to decide :)
    Oz' dak1ne likes this.
  20. ForteSP

ForteSP New User

Steam:
    These chat logs you supplied never showed evidence of a thing. They show I admitted to being friends with steam support dupers. nothing you have is news to anyone here. This isn't a scammer report. http://forums.steamrep.com/forums/report/ Go there... "not gonna be bothered with it" I think is you misspeaking. More accurate would be like "I have no decisive evidence to prove something that never happened" case closed.

That said. I believe /thread is in order
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.