1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Want to try the SteamRep Web API Beta?

Discussion in 'SteamRep API Discussion' started by Mattie!, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chaos

Chaos Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:33058557
    We're swamped with reports and appeals right now. those come first. Sorry for the delay, we'll get to you as soon as we can.
  2. Virindi

Virindi New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:17247802
    I'd like access to the Steam API for the Mist Steam Client. Further, could we mirror the list of ~ 10,000 banned Steam acccounts? Even if we could just get a snapshot for "right now", we could update it automatically. Overhead would be minimal for steamrep.com as a result, and it would really help us as we could offload the query for those IDs (and auto-update via the client), and then update the list once a day or so from a central URL.

- Jamyn ([email protected]).
  3. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    For what reason would you need to stop scammers from using a minimal Steam client.
  4. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

might be that he doesn't want them blocked, but implement it in the client.... so a warning can be displayed when one chats with a scammer etc.
  5. BOREWIK

BOREWIK Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16303811
    Hello. I really would like to help test your api, and that would also help dota2lounge. I would like to compare my user database with your and block all people marked as scammers at Steam Rep. Of course I will do that smart way and spread requests in time so it won't hurt your hardware.
  6. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

The API is a lookup system per account, for various reasons we cannot offer a full list of all scammers.

Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
  7. BOREWIK

BOREWIK Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16303811
    Imo its not a problem...
  8. Fran

Fran New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3674324
    Hi, can I give it a try?

I'm finishing a site that checks steam profiles when registering and the info of steamrep users could be very useful.
    I can save this info in the DB so it can be fetched next time on MY DB. When the user is intended to do any major action I will check it again.

thanks
  9. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

What is the site / whats the aim of the site?
  10. Fran

Fran New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:3674324
    to ease the splitting of game packs such a "4-pack"
  11. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20658158
    Hey there, i was wondering if i could have API access? I would like to keep the current project im working on on the low down, so is it possible for some sort of steam rep Representative to message me so i can explain my intentions?
  12. Geel9

Geel9 Scrap.tf co-owner

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18301684
    I'm a bit late, but I'd just like to say that the scrap.tf bot bannings were separate from Hexide and TF2Shop.
  13. kC_

kC_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:2775723
    Hello, i would need access to your Steamrep API Beta.
    Right now i am coding a Website for Trading Cards Trading, we work on it pretty hard and it might go online within a week or two, we already have the domain :
    http://steambadges.com
    and heres maybe a little preview what we need your steamrep api for : https://www.dropbox.com/s/wx8lfz4qpralehh/Website Profil.png?v=0mcn

as you see every profile will say whether the member is a scammer or not, we even might ban due to that decisions.

I'd hope to get some API Access for that one so we can continue the work on our website instead of writing a steamrep parser :)
  14. Sadooq

Sadooq New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:16222089
    Hi, I'd love to try the API.

I'm writing a script for GreaseMonkey to show extended information on steam profiles (Links to external backpack viewers, outpost/bazaar trades, SteamRep status, and other useful stuff). I intend to make the tool public once the code is done.

I can make the API requests through my web server to allow caching.
  15. TheTazZ

TheTazZ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:34683715
    I would like to get access to the api for a trade bot I'm currently working on.
  16. kC_

kC_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:2775723
  17. Ryahn

Ryahn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:30127259
    Will there be any type of documentation provided?
  18. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

The answer to that has already been given in this topic....
  19. Ryahn

Ryahn New User

Steam:

*feels stupid* Ok thanks
  20. Ryahn

Ryahn New User

Steam:
    • Explain what you intend to do with it!
    SteamRep API will be used for when users register or post a Giveaway and/or Trade on GalaGiveaways. When a user will register, they will be checked against SteamRep's database. If the infraction is deemed serious enough by GalaGiveaway, that user will either be denied access and/or banned or be flagged for review by a staff member. If there are other infractions that are not serious, they will have a flag for that certain infraction. Either being trade, probation, etc. The only time this will be loaded will be during registration and saved in a database for load later.
  21. MrShaunh77

MrShaunh77 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36597447
    If your still looking for people to test it I'd love to!

I have a few steam trading bots already working which I'm slowly making better with time and I would like to offer special offers for special SteamRep ranks, say you are an SR Admin you might get something like 50% off and if your a SR banned player you might have to pay 50% more or not even be accepted to trade, I know alot of people are already doing bots and stuff but I would greatly appreciate access and I don't get too many requests and I can cache players its already added so it wouldn't put too much load onto SR servers, thanks.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.