1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Want to try the SteamRep Web API Beta?

Discussion in 'SteamRep API Discussion' started by Mattie!, Aug 7, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AcesGamer

AcesGamer User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:19877328
    That's the stupidest thing I ever heard.
  2. MrShaunh77

MrShaunh77 New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:36597447
    Thanks xD.
  3. VenGanZa

VenGanZa User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:32312479
    Agreed.

This guy is a tag waiting to happen, given he has no problem dealing with scammers, indeed he wants to charge them a premium :)
  4. Ares=))

Ares=)) New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:46672984
  5. [m3x] LeonSK

[m3x] LeonSK CSGO.Exchange owner Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:407471
    Explain what you intend to do with it:
    Block scammers for use my website.

The API is intended to be used on-demand inside of a web application and not for "background" automated purposes:
    Api will be use on login only.
  6. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:20658158
    I was curious if i could gain API access for a few different things. I wanted to play around with implementing the API in a automated bot (have not looked into the system of it to indepth just yet), so that the bot checks if you have any SR markings, if you do then trade is canceled.
    The other reason was for a website, checks the users when logging in to see if they are marked, if they are they are automatically banned.

No rush with this, scam reports and appeals come first.
  7. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

oh great, the Beta API also gives green tags, so admins get locked out too...
  8. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    Wasint aware it also recognized green tags as well, what i meet to say was it will block scammers, people with cautions, anybody with a trade ban, and probation's.
  9. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

trade bans and probations are not propagated thru api, you have to make your own steam api call for that. (otherwise it costs us a API call again, slowing our api down)
  10. Maddux

Maddux New User

Steam:
    i had a sneaking suspicion that would be the case. The steam rep API will still be very helpful with the website, its very important for my service that stolen or ill gotten goods to not penetrate the system. Also, VAC bans are for cheating inside of a game, like counter strike, but trade bans are just general bans on a user trading ability, and probation is what you get after a trade ban for a set amount of time? Or is a probation permanent?
  11. Hakuna!

Hakuna! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:51506652
    Hello, I am from DotaTalk (www.dotatalk.com) and I'm already in contact with HelenAngel. I would love to get started with the Web API.
  12. [m3x] LeonSK

[m3x] LeonSK CSGO.Exchange owner Friend Community

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:407471
    My website: http://lucky.tf

Explain what you intend to do with it:
    Block scammers for use my website.

The API is intended to be used on-demand inside of a web application and not for "background" automated purposes:
    Api will be use on login only.
    Xyyy_c..O likes this.
  13. Delishizu

Delishizu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18197354
    Hello, I'd like to use the SR API on [steamep dot com]
    The API will be used on the matches pages to warn users for any potetional scammers, which only logged in users can view, and will be cached every 30 minutes.
  14. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    Given your friends-only profile and the fact that your URL is so very similar to our own, the API request is denied. Sorry.
  15. Delishizu

Delishizu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18197354
    Welp, that's just sad. Might want to add that to the requirements.
  16. InsaneMosquito

InsaneMosquito New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:17398398
    Hi Mattie,
    I hate to bug you because I know you guys are busy, but I was wondering if there was a general time frame I can expect my request to be approved (or denied). I made my initial request on Feb 22 (top reply on Page 4 of this thread).
  17. Rfvgyhn

Rfvgyhn New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:5119560
    Why would these be reasons to deny access to a web service? Just curious. :)
  18. Mr. Bubbles [vacbans.com]

Mr. Bubbles [vacbans.com] New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18402028
    I'm not sure if this is the right thread for something like this but here goes. I recently created a website www.vacbans.com for digging up info on steam accounts. One of the main features is that it can estimate the age of a private account to within a couple days. I've created an API of my own and was wondering if SteamRep.com might be interested in some kind of data trading. I'm not very familiar with your site so I'm not sure what data you might like to share. I thought you might be interested in my private ID age estimates.
  19. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

We've had our share of fake steamrep sites with simular domains already. He got a problem anyway, for valve/steam won't give API key for a domain with "steam" in it.
  20. Starry Guy

Starry Guy New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:27732591
    Hi. Me and a friend are creating a automated trading website. It will query your database on first login and every two hours and will do upto 5 accounts at a time.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.