1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Which admin/mod is avaible to give my friend advice on Trading with a scammer

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by gukingofheart, Jan 25, 2014.

1. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635

Recently he got an offer that he wanted to take from a scammer. I know you're not allowed to trade with scammers so I told him not to. He still had temptation so I told him to PM an admin. He chose a few but none contacted him yet.

Since this would be his first trade with a scammer, and now that he knows the FAQs, what would be his punishment now if he accepted a trade with one?

Feel free to reply or contact him if you like.
  2. SilentReaper(SR)

SilentReaper(SR) Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:89705646
    knowingly and willingly the first ? that would probably be a Caution tag.

but depends on the trade itself...

if its 20 TC Unusuals, thats a very different thing and would be more a scammer tag, vs some stuff worth couple bills/buds vs a item thats worth a couple keys (ie: below our treshold).

It really depends.

/edited the post to make it clearer.
    Mattie! likes this.
  3. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    If he knows now and goes forward, it surely shows his intent to help scammers profit. His reputation would surely be affected either way.
  4. gukingofheart

gukingofheart New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:49222635
    He says thx.

Also, while on the subject of trading with scammers.
    What do you do if someone trades with a Pending Report user?

In some cases, I'd hate to deny a user based on a report if the report's evidence isn't strong or is actually faked.
    If it's a cash trade or Gift Wrap Trade, I'd totally reject the trade.
  5. Mattie!

Mattie! SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:0:5712733
    They should use their own judgement. Yet if they look at the reports and it's very clearly a legit scam report, they absolutely should stay away and not get themselves involved until that matter is resolved. There will be more trades later! There are millions of people on Steam without scam reports against them. :)