1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Who to goto about impersonators?

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by 4nzu, Jun 1, 2015.

1. 4nzu

4nzu New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:70535716
    So i have someone using my twitch alias trying to scam people how do i know this? because one of his victims posted comments on my profile full of rage that i was a filthy scammer and that i most likely scammed my whole inventory etc. and it made me very confused until i realized what was going on and showed the other person that it wasn't me. (he apologized after.)

I already changed my twtich title to "Someone is using my name to scam people watch out"
    and edited my profile to say someone is out there trying to scam people using my name and this is my only profile.

but Is there anything else i can do or someone to contact about this?
  2. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    If that someone still has the url of the impostor, there's a special place on SteamRep waiting to hear their name! :)
  3. m3]A[

m3]A[ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:61533793
    mayb ask the person who posted the comment on ur profile u give u the link of the person whu scammed him and post tht scammers url here ezy
  4. 4nzu

4nzu New User

Steam:
    Already have the scammers SR page since i had find out that guy was yelling scammer at me, his already banned by FoG but would be nice if there's somewhere i can report his impersonating other users so his bs won't bite me.
    http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198133681952
  5. Salmon

Salmon Caution on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:21003377
    Tagged on SR is about as good as SR can do. It's up to you to make your profile distinct.

Also, not sure why people would trust someone just because they have a twitch channel.
  6. 4nzu

4nzu New User

Steam:
    I know, i just wish there was something else i could do, i just logged on youtube to find someone calling me a scammer because of him now.
  7. a Gentleman

a Gentleman SteamRep Moderator Partner Community Donator - Tier V

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:25990581
    The best you can do is PSA it on every outlet you have.
  8. Penguin The Fluffy

Penguin The Fluffy Articus Birdicus Defenderus Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:10455403
    Trust me best you can do is learn to live with it and make a good copypasta to give to people explaining the situation. I should know better than anyone I get 100-150 comments a week just on my YT accusing me of scamming because of my impersonators.
    Roudydogg1 likes this.