1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Rejected Appeal: 76561198108715904 - (bye / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by Toby!, Feb 27, 2015.

1. Toby!

Toby! New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:74225088
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198108715904 (bye)

Appeal Plea: I am innocent of all listed offenses
    Appeal Reason: [Accounts] Friend/Family - My account was abused by a family member or friend
    Victim Repayment: Yes, I repaid the victims of my offense(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate Accounts:

Appeal description:
    Hi there,

So this all started about a year and 3 months ago, my brother played tf2 on this account and eventually he scammed someone, whether it was intentional or not he will never admit to me but he did so. A report was made an shortly after he quit steam after getting stressed from what happened with the report. Since his account was premium and I had never played on steam much unless I was playing with him I took over his account unaware of the report at that time. As time went on I found out about the report and at first I didn't realize it was real, but not until recently when I went into it in a bit more depth I found out things weren't adding up and it was real. I added the guy from the report and told him I was going to get his unusual back for him, I found his unusual and added a guy to talk about it, a few days went by and I hadn't managed to speak to the trader much but the reporter told me he didn't mind if I just gave him something of the same value of his hat. We both agreed I could give him my blizzardly storm anger which is worth around the same value, after that he retracted his report on me and fully forgave my brother for everything.

I realize that you guys don't care who it is behind the account that commits the action but it's what the account itself does, and I've tried my best to resolve that as best as I could. I've completely apologized to this person for everything that happened, I've promised that nothing like it will ever happen again from this account and that's truly what was meant. I think found out today that the report was accepted, I'm really upset after stressing out with everything and trying to fix the mistakes that my brother did but I don't know what else can be done.

I have some trust on backpack.tf and if I went back over the years I could gather more examples of when I made cash trades and such. I've been a trusted member of the steam community and this is basically ruined everything for me and I'd love for this appeal to be accepted.

At the moment I'm unsure of any evidence I can provide but I'm open to gather whatever I can but most of it to say that I repaid the victim can be seen in the report thread: http://forums.steamrep.com/threads/76561198108715904.50366/#post-147708
  2. Goddess Lunaversity™

Goddess Lunaversity™ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:57080031
  3. filha comunista

filha comunista New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:22849840
    Oh welp, i'm the guy his brother / he scammed a year and a half i go i think so, the dude returned my items and explained it was not really him who did it, i forgive him and if my opinion counts, would like to see his ban lifted.
  4. Lava

Lava Public Relations SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:46187366
    You are responsible for the actions committed on your account. Buying/selling/trading/lending or any other transfer of ownership of a steam account does not negate a banned tag nor are you able to appeal for the account. http://forums.steamrep.com/pages/faq/

Only the original owner of said account can appeal. We do not condone/allow for selling or giving away of accounts, for that is against the Steam Subscriber agreement: http://store.steampowered.com/subscriber_agreement/:
    Your appeal is therefore denied.
    Hidden Content:
    **Hidden Content: Content of this hidden block can only be seen by members of (usergroups: Administrative, Moderating).**
    SilentReaper(SR) likes this.