1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

How does one "prove" they are a good middle man?

Discussion in 'Discussion Archive' started by Alex From Security, Jan 19, 2013.

1. Alex From Security

Alex From Security New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:41326777
    I was looking through the FAQs and I am either blind or it does not say it in there. o_O

The reason I am asking is that I have been middleman-ing for a few of my friends and would like to start doing it for others that may involve paypal trading and TF2 trading.

Do you make a rep thread and have people say that they were handled by you?

Thanks for any reply :)

~Alex
  2. TommY

TommY Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:5043065
    I'm not sure if it is 100% safe to arbitrarily use the term MIDDLEMAN when he/she is not an official MIDDLEMAN at SteamREP
  3. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
    you can build a rep thread dedicated to middlemaning, but usually people don't wanna use non official trusted middleman, it's quite hard. The term Middleman is not a property of steamrep ... it was here even before that site/community came out. I made my rep thread a while ago with cash trading and middlemaning in, but it was before the official SR Middleman List, so dunno if now it's possible to be trustworthy by others without being official SR middleman.
  4. DARKLY | Jakk

DARKLY | Jakk New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:44479885
    Agreed.
    To start, you may wish to visit communities that are offering or looking to sponsor traders as Middlemen. If you don't have a reputation thread, a good time to start, as any would be to create one.

This will not be an easy task however, being a Middleman requires a great amount of trust and integrity, as well as knowing your intentions, and if the community administrators feel they're marking you for the right 'reasons'.