1. SteamRep is shutting down at the end of 2024. See announcement.

This website is so full of themselves

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by ChappyTheCommunist, Apr 29, 2024.

1. ChappyTheCommunist

ChappyTheCommunist Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:192028577
    Yall are clowns if you think steamrep stops scams xD
  2. Horse

Horse Administrator SteamRep Admin

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:34690691
    Do you have a legitimate issue or question? If not will archive this post since you appear to be trolling with no real purpose.
    Will give it a few days for any response.
  3. ChappyTheCommunist

Steam:
    I do genuinely want to know how your shitty website stops scammers from scamming in any way
    You Are The One likes this.
  4. ChappyTheCommunist

Steam:
    You guys can't even do your job right, you ban innocent people more than the actual scammers. Congrats, you've mildly inconvenienced scammers and have ruined games for innocent people and on top of that, you ✿✿✿✿✿✿s act like people can't change. Your website is dead and useless lmao
  5. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    Well it is one of a few tools available for traders on the steam platform to utilize/research with prior to trading with someone. Other tools include those that Valve has given, other community sites/services/gaming servers and groups have documented.

Super rare we tag someone here that is innocent...super rare, but we are not perfect. Please be more respectful with your responses here and cease with the foul language if you wish to respond more/ask more questions related to our handy/very functional site we've provided.
  6. ChappyTheCommunist

Steam:
    I'm glad you're now straight up lying. "Super rare we tag someone here that is innocent" You wanna explain why you banned my friend then proceeded to deny his appeal as well? To this day he is banned on steamrep. Your website doesn't do anything, experienced traders wouldn't fall for scams so congrats, you've helped no one with your website. It ain't hard swindling new players out of their items ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
  7. ChappyTheCommunist

Steam:
    Oh and of course, you completely ignore the fact that you guys can't fathom that people can change over the years. Not to mention you guys are literally years behind on reports kek
  8. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    This is your only warning to keep discussions out of users specific cases as we clearly have a policy in the general section not to discuss reports/appeals situations here.
    We are fine with discussing policy/the site as a whole however not specific cases.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/

Older reports are not a priority as most accounts involved are no longer active so we clean them up as we can. There is a method to draw attention or pull one to the front should someone wish to do so either if they are accused/reporter.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/expediting-reports-created-before-2017.186461/
  9. ChappyTheCommunist

Steam:
    So which rule did I exactly break with my last comment? I was simply stating that you guys run the website the way you want to and that you don't abide by your own rules, further proving my point that you guys believe that nobody can change
  10. ChappyTheCommunist

Steam:
    Again I do want to ask, who is this website for exactly? Experienced traders are already aware of virtually every scam that exists and the ones without experience get scammed anyways cuz they don't know of steamrep, by the time they find out about it they're already aware of said scams
  11. Horse

SteamRep Admin:
    It is for new or experienced traders, any tool including google, duckduckgo or others are handy for researching a legit trade and helping to assist in making good decisions. We are not here to punish users, it is for educational purposes. Not everyone knows of SteamRep, most do and that is where those we work with as in partners and sites will promote us and the intentions to keep traders as safe as possible.
    You are not permitted to discuss your current status, appeal/tag/report as per the FAQ #3 previously linked. What rules have we not followed that are posted here on this site? Please explain in detail. If you are wanting to argue an outcome of an appeal this is not the place as noted on the FAQ link #3.
    https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/general-discussion-faq.132723/
  12. ChappyTheCommunist

Steam:
    "Not everyone but most" Where are these "most" people at? If "most" people knew of steamrep, "most" people wouldn't get scammed.

The rule that you can appeal bans multiple times hence why you have multiple choices when appealing yet you just ban people from appealing after the 2nd appeal, again, you guys can't fathom that someone over several years can change and y'know, not scam anymore but nah, you guys have a god complex and think you're better than everyone
  13. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    No one in 15 years and 10k+ appeals ever thought that, just you; I am unsure if you are trolling or just obtuse so Ill clarify for you. How it works is all tagged users have a right to a single appeal (that means one, not one of every reason for multiple different appeal attempts) what you are describing are the pre-selected reasons for a user to select for what type of their single appeal they will be submitting, this was implemented for sortation/processing priority/ease of use reasons and worked great, until today apparently. I hope I cleared that up for you.
  14. ChappyTheCommunist

Steam:
    That still doesn't make sense, you have an option that says "No, this is the first time appealing" and another 3 that say "No, it isn't my first time appealing" why even have those options if you're only allowed to appeal once? I can see why you think I'm trolling though as this website shouldn't be taken serious at all.
  15. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663
    Some situations can grant a second appeal at a later time like spycrab running (SR no longer tags for this), the user immediately repays same day and then immediately appeals, we can tell them its too soon for an appeal and appeal back another time or the tagging admin in a giftwrap scam says "you can appeal down to a caution in x time if you keep clean" that holds significant weight for appeals. These mostly apply to low level offenses that under our old evidence standards were used much much more often than we do these days; when most appeals had to be taken over steam chat. Evidence standards were tightened up since those days, vast majority of cases are now open/shut. Another example is an appeal review. Its always been one appeal otherwise and we have always expressly said as much. Glad I can clear that up for you.

Additional reading https://forums.steamrep.com/threads/appeal-guide.66354/ #11
  16. So eh I am not a mod or an admin, not sure if it is OK to reply here, but found this guy is kinda of funny. Let me get this straight: this guy tried to scam people a few years ago, but one guy reported him here, and SR marked him a scammer. Now he is pissed off because SR won't remove the scammer marking of him and insulting admins and the site. I don't know if it is because he was refused many times by others to trade with him due to other people seeing that he was labeled as a scammer, and he is upset. If this website is "useless," as you said, why do you even care about it??? Are you saying you will stop scamming others by yourself without report of that guy? Not sure if you ever tryna applied a job irl, sometimes they will ask you to provide a Certificate of No Criminal Conviction. If you claimed ah I was a robber and got caught but I had stop robbing since then. And still, you get rejected because you couldn't provide that; who are you gonna "cry" to then? Police department? Governor? The appeal is doesn't make sense already very first place, tbh, I am surprised that admins didn't just banned you from posting things on the site and wasted there time on your nonsense.

Sorry if : I didn't make my words clear, not a native English speaker &
    I broke any rules