1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Ask A SteamRep Staff Member

Discussion in 'SteamRep General Discussion' started by Xenophobia, Jan 14, 2013.

1. Melkor

Melkor New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:45978671
    How does it feel being a moderator of such expanded and known tool/site/community as SteamRep is?
  2. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

ask that please after they recovered from their whipping... We'll give 'm some weed, its legal here anyway.
    Roudydogg1, Dronefly and Melkor like this.
  3. Kingling

Kingling New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:40604778
    I'd like to submit a scam attempt report but I don't have a screenshot of the chat, only a copy/paste of it. Will my report still be valid? Can I still submit it?
  4. Sjru

Sjru Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:13315037
    Usually reports without screenshots are archived. Sometimes admins do an internal caution but rarely the report proceeds unless there are more pending reports about the same guy.
  5. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Just make the report. For when for example alts are found on it that may already have been marked, that just puts up the awareness.

Sjru: always let them make the report, even if not accepted, its a record.
    Dronefly likes this.
  6. Helios

Helios New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:26937823
    Is there a way to request a MM? I've added a few but haven't been added on their end. Hard to manage getting a MM and keeping the attention of potential buyer/seller when I've read MM asking "both parties be ready" while buyer/sellers are impatient. Slight venting, sorry.
  7. Nero Chinki

Nero Chinki New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:30535511
    Next to Datastorm scratching my back open and whipping me, its quite the experience.
    Melkor and DataStorm like this.
  8. Enya.AKA

Enya.AKA New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18562036
    Can someone pls tell me, how can I rep someone? I know u'll probably laught at me, but I din;t find any way to do it on steamrep.com. I just made some nice trades (cash trades) with some ppl, and we want to rep each other. I would really like to find out how to do this , on stemrep.com. Ty in advance. best regards!
  9. Thomas Matthias

Thomas Matthias Retired Staff

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:36213483
    You cannot do this on SteamRep.
    Please read What constitutes reputation.
  10. Nobel

Nobel New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:42192766
    Dont ever be afraid to ask questions. The most common rep site is Source OP, SOP is SourceOp at http://www.sourceop.com

There is no "rep threads" on SR where people post successful trades, but SOP is the go to place to create and maintain a rep thread. Be sure to read their requirements and rules. If you have a spare moment i would read - HOW TO: What Constitutes Reputation.
    Be careful of impersonators and fake URL sites that attempt to impersonate SOP or official steam sites.
  11. Enya.AKA

Enya.AKA New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:18562036
    Thank you very much guys for enlightening me in this issue. So, in order to become a Trusted Seller, i need to have some sort of reputation on "high-profile trade communities"? Thanks once again.
  12. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

1 remark regarding SOP and other rep-thread sites: please observe their rules, check those out b4 you try to rep somebody.
  13. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

Trusted Seller and such will take a long time high value trading.
  14. Oz' dak1ne

Oz' dak1ne New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:11020111
    These are the requirements to become a SOP Trusted Seller :

Source : http://steamcommunity.com/groups/SOPtrustedsellers/announcements/detail/1317525374390164243

Yeah I confirm it takes quite a lot of time, involving in cash trading, and the SOP community, being trustworthy is not the only thing to do, you must also be quite kind and help other traders, be able to answer questions, even dumb ones^^ help other traders.
  15. Randinie Grey Beard

Randinie Grey Beard New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8100589
    I feel kind of foolish not knowing the answer to this but better to ask than not know.
    I routinely do checks on my name, to see if other are impersonating me. I found 2 accounts using my name, avatar, profile info, first one has a scammer tag from here. Second account is also using my name, avatar, profile comments, not marked on steamrep. it also has a link in it saying it is to sourceop but pretty much not going to click that link. My question, is this allowed? To use someones name, avatar, comments. I know of nothing these account have done wrong but pretty obvious what their intent is. I don't want to file a report and waste your time if this is not an issue till they do something more but at the same time.........

I placed the info about this in my profile to warn others, is this worth doing or am I opening a can of worms doing this? I hold this site in the highest respect, having been an admin in CSS on and off for the last 9 years I understand how hard you work, so I hold your opinions in high regard. If a report needs to be filed I will gladly do it, to say the least I do not like being impersonated.

Found the info doing a search for adding friends. If the link in that profile is bad (viral) let me know and I will file a report with steam.

This is the link to the one not listed as a scammer;
    http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198071499502

This is the link to the one that is marked already;
    http://steamrep.com/profiles/76561198073283540

Ahh one last question, is the donator link current? I donated in the past but wanted to make sure it is current since it leads to another page.

Thank for taking the time to read this.
  16. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    STEAM_0:1:31047928
    Steam:
    You should file a report, if he has your rep thread (or is using your good reputation to try to get trades) on his profile and claims that it's yours he'll be marked.

I don't really understand your last question, but donating here works:
    http://steamrep.com/donator.php
  17. Randinie Grey Beard

Randinie Grey Beard New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:8100589
    Thank you for the fast response. The donating part I just wanted to make sure it was sent to the right place.
  18. gencobra

gencobra Retired Staff

SteamRep Admin:
    Steam:
    If you're wondering why you don't have tags:
    • You may have donated less than 10 dollars
    • You may have donated less than a week ago (Diego is a pretty busy guy)
    • You may have had your donator tags expire (1 Year)
    • You may have provided incorrect or improperly formatted id with your donation
  19. DataStorm

DataStorm Retired Staff

@STANK: do not post your transaction details... Check the FAQ in this Section of the forum for more info on how to handle donation issues.
  20. Trix_

Trix_ New User

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:29312301
    I suppose it's more of a general question. I donated $10 to SR over a week ago and included my steam ID, how long on average does it take to be flagged as a donator?