1. There is no such thing as a "pending" ban or Steam admin. Anyone threatening your account is a scammer trying to scare you. Read more.

Invalid Appeal: 76561198023771944 - (grainbrain / BANNED BY SR)

Discussion in 'Archived Appeals' started by grainbrain, Mar 25, 2022.

1. grainbrain

grainbrain Banned on SteamRep

Steam:
    STEAM_0:0:31753108
    Appeal for BANNED BY SR

Steam profile: 76561198023771944 (grainbrain)

Appeal Plea: I commited the offense(s), but it was minor or I disagree with SteamRep policy
    Appeal Reason: [Change of Heart] I will never scam again.
    Victim Repayment: No, but I will repay. I need help finding the victim(s)
    Previous Appeals: No, this is my first appeal here

Alternate or Related Accounts:
    https://steamcommunity.com/id/rubbermade/ - Alt, Used for regular trading, ~2015​

Appeal description:
    My memory is fuzzy but I believe I was marked as a SR scammer because I was an "accomplice" to some other scammer. This all occurred when I was maybe 12 or 13 years old - IE ~10 years ago.
    I do remember there was some kind of scammy "game" we would play to get other player's items. Being as young as I was I had pretty poor judgement about this whole situation. At the time all I saw is that I was getting rare items and didn't think anything beyond that. I can elaborate more on this "game" if details are needed. I get that it's just TF2 but just as happy as I was to receive an item someone was just as unhappy to lose that item.
    I just got back into this game and tons of things I used to enjoy about it are blocked from being SR banned. I don't know what I can do to prove anything but there is a 0% chance I'd ever be involved in anything even remotely shady with Steam trading ever again. If I'm being frank, I'm in my mid-20s now, I have matured and I absolutely no reason to ever Spend my time trying to score items on TF2.
    Feel free to directly reach out to me on Steam, in this thread (don't exactly know how this appeal works) or I can even go into a discord call with you if needed. Thanks.​
  2. You Are The One

You Are The One SteamRep Admin

Steam:
    STEAM_0:1:41038663